Photo

Makeup

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Denise40

Denise40
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:40 PM

I have a few questions regarding makeup. For those of you that are having your makeup professionally done, are you bringing your own or having the person you hired bring their supply?

I don't normally wear makeup except for some blush and mascara. What does having a trial makeup done if the trial is done by someone other than the person you are hiring to do it? I am just confused as to how to handle the makeup issue. I have someone coming to my hotel room to do my hair and makeup that the WC booked.??

#2 caracolgin

caracolgin
    • 80 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

you are supposed to have the person doing your make up do a trial run....can you schedule one the day before?

#3 Denise40

Denise40
      • 407 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

We get to Cabo on Saturday and our vow renewal ceremony is on Monday. I'm not sure if we will have a chance to or not. I will check with my WC and see what she says.

Thanks

#4 AmandaR

AmandaR
        • 241 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

For the most part, I'm counting on them using their on supply, but I'll be sure to take along my fave mascara and maybe a few other things for them to use. Since I'm going to have a tan, I'm hoping to not be wearing much make-up except for the eyes, a little blush, and lippy. I'm really hoping that those components will be difficult for someone to mess up!

Amanda

#5 lhc007

lhc007
          • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Definately have the trial done with the person your'e intending to do your make-up. You need to know what to expect and you definately don't want any nasty surprises on the day! I'm a pro-makeup artist in the L.A. area and have hardly ever not done trials. Even if a bride is an out of towner, I'll make a plan to try and get the trial. Too, the mua should supply everything, but as suggested - take your fave mascara and lip shade just for assurance! If you need any advice don't hesitate to ask!
            Makeup Artist Los Angeles - Welcome to LHC Pro Makeup!
            Create with Passion

#6 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'm bringing my own makeup, but one of my best friend's is a makeup artist who's coming to the wedding so she's pretty much telling me what to buy

#7 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

I'm so lucky in this aspect bc I work in a hair salon and all of my co-workers who I'm very close to are coming down. My boss is going to do my hair, her youngest daughter is a make-up artist (and also one of my BMs) so she's doing my makeup and my BMs, and the oldest daughter does nails so I got all my bases covered.

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
                I'm so lucky in this aspect bc I work in a hair salon and all of my co-workers who I'm very close to are coming down. My boss is going to do my hair, her youngest daughter is a make-up artist (and also one of my BMs) so she's doing my makeup and my BMs, and the oldest daughter does nails so I got all my bases covered.
                Lucky girl!! That is awesome! :)

#9 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

I did my own makeup, I really wanted to look natural. I did bring two different shades of powder and makeup in case I got more tanned than I hoped to get.

#10 Denise40

Denise40
                  • 407 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't normally wear makeup so doing it myself is not an option. LOL. I would look like a clown. Hubby always likes the natural or no makeup look. I would love to have my makeup look like Carrie Underwood. A lot of her photos are gorgeous and look so natural.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users