becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

Congrats Tami!!! Well done! If you get a chance, stop by Sullivan - very small but with exceptionally good reds. I don't think the bigger tours typically go there, so you may have to venture out on your own.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christine
    we actually didn't get married at a winery, but did a wine tour the next day. We went to Franciscan, V. Sattui, Diamond Oaks, and Peju Province. All are on the main highway in Napa.
    10 in one day, are you tasting at all of them...holy cow you all will be wasted, but that will be fun.
    We did a private tour at V. Sattui and they took us in the back where everything is actually made and stored, very cool.
    I would recommend trying to get a cave tour in somehow if you can. I have never done that but my aunt did one time and said it was amazing.
    Oh yes, the cave tours are awesome. We went on a 'field trip' Friday to a winery in NC that is part of our portfolio and went into the wine caves there. We did barrel tastings as well to see the differences between the bottled wine and what is still aging in the barrels.

Oh, and my boss said to expect long, drunken, hungover days while there. He says we start at like 8am -- tasting at the first vineyard ... and it's a never ending cycle until about 10pm. OMG! Thank goodness wine is good for the heart!

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

Tami - that is awesome - i am so glad this job worked out - the benefits are enviable

#14 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by foxytv
      Oh yes, the cave tours are awesome. We went on a 'field trip' Friday to a winery in NC that is part of our portfolio and went into the wine caves there. We did barrel tastings as well to see the differences between the bottled wine and what is still aging in the barrels.

Oh, and my boss said to expect long, drunken, hungover days while there. He says we start at like 8am -- tasting at the first vineyard ... and it's a never ending cycle until about 10pm. OMG! Thank goodness wine is good for the heart!
      sounds like it will be a really fun adventure!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#15 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

You rock, Tami!!! Congratulations!

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

congrats tami thats awesome, im so proud of you!!

#17 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

Tami, that is so great! I know how much you wanted this job, it's perfect for you. And obviously you are wonderful at it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users