Sign in to follow this  
aeroo

Was your groom too hot in his suit?

FI is insisting that he wear his full black suit, but I'm just worried because I know he will be way too hot, wearing it all day, with a tie and everything. I suggested he go more casual, but he really wants to wear the full suit.

So I am just wondering how your guy coped with the heat and full suit (if that's what he wore). I am thinking we bring him a second, more casual outfit for the reception or something. I know his suit will be sweaty and stinky after the ceremony and pictures.

DH wore a full black suit

Click the image to open in full size.

He was pretty hot, but he stayed out of the sun as much as he could and took his jacket off whenever he could. And I made sure he drank a lot of water!

Mine wore an all white suit and was hot in it, but only wore the jacket for the ceremony which was short, and for some pics. He wore a short sleeved guayabera under that which kept him cool when the jacket was off.

My FI is wearing a tux so I can feel your pain but he too is insistent upon it. Granted we will be married in a church that has AC and the reception is inside so I don't think he is worried about it but we are doing a sand ceremony outside. I do think you should have a backup on hand just in case. wink.gif

FI is wearing a tan suit w/ no lining - we decided against a black tux bc he gets hot really easily and I don't want to risk him passing out or getting sick! I do think that as long as you keep FI well hydrated and have him take off his jacket, that he should be OK.

We got married in the Dr in August and my husband was not hot in his suit. we got married later in the day and there was a beautiful breeze on the beach, so he was okay.

My DH insisted on wearing a black tux - totally his idea, not mine. It was the lightest material, and he was roasting (in late afternoon, January in Jamaica). He was fine for the ceremony, but then the wind completely died, and we were both dying during the reception. We both changed after dinner, in actuality. I think having a backup is a really smart idea...

I have been thinking about the same thing. I want my fi-fi to wear a tie cuz i think it looks so cute, but he has a tendency to get hot indoors, so i am not sure how that will fly...I like the look of the tie and jacket. But he is free to take it all off for the reception cheers.gif

Hell yeah I was hot. Karen thought so too.smile120.gif

But looks aside..... I was absolutely roasting by the end of our 10am ceremony. I wore a tan linen suit with a white cotton shirt under. I was sort of ok without the jacket on afterwards, but still pretty uncomfortable. It was July in Mexico though.