Ebay dress disaster!!!!!!!!!! (pic heavy)
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:21 PM
And I don't think you will have any problems trying to resell it if you do chose so.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:21 PM
| Originally Posted by Nrvsbride |
Okay here are my thoughts/comments:
1. It does look big on you on the top but I think that's a good thing b/c that means you are losing weight from the BDW weight loss challenge. YAY!
2. The Jim Hjelm dress that it was based on is one of my dream dresses. I stare at the dress all the time and drool. I wish I would have known you were trying to purchase a knock-off from China. The problem with knock-offs is that lace does not look that great IMHO. Not to say that your dress isn't pretty but unfortunately it won't look the same quality at the original.
3. The original cost that much for a reason, that type of lace is very expensive. However, I don't think your dress is that bad and I think we can fix it.
4. First things first you should go buy a different colored sash to get the color and quality you want. If you get a nicer quality sash it will make it look more elegant.
5. When you go get it taken it maybe see if they can do a sweetheart neckline. Do you like that kind of neckline? This may add a little something more to the dress.
6. Are you wearing shoes in the pic? Put on your highest heels, put your hair up, put jewelery and do your make-up and see how you feel in the dress. You might realize its not so bad.
7. If you really hate the dress than just use it for TTD or try to re-sell it on ebay.
8. Ultimately, I think you look beautiful but in the end its what you think that really matters.
I am not wearing shoes in the pic either. it only cost $200 so i will just sell it or use it for my ttd. The sash is a very easy fix so I can buy a new one in the color I want and I will have to get alterations, because I am losing so much weight from the BDW biggest loser contest as Nrvsbride said!!!
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:30 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:08 PM
I didn't like my dress too much at first but now I love it because it has been altered and fits.
Good luck figuring out what you want to do.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:32 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:45 PM
| Originally Posted by carly |
I think it looks good! A little big on the top, like not fitted to your body perfectly. But I like it looks good on you! It reminds me of the Davids Bridal dress that is so pretty. Actually, I think Lizz might have that dress from DB. I know the material might be different and not as nice in person, but it really is pretty.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:46 PM
19 June 2008
Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:01 PM
What company on ebay did you order it from, I've ordered mine from ebay, just waiting for it to come.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:13 PM
| Originally Posted by nueland |
It is a Jim Hjelm which cost from $2000-4000
1. locate a bridal salon , that do CUSTOM -MADE alterations.
2. show them a pic of the JH DRESS, they could re-make the dress
3. I would change the lace of the dress to what you like, BUT keep the under-lay of the dress as the pattern of the dress, that will help whoever does the alterations.
4.Search for a sash , a color you like
Then you should be good to go
I think that will help you. Good Luck!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users