| Originally Posted by Raeka |
I swear I've seen that dress somewhere before or one that is VERY similar. IS it a designer dress? Perhaps a Maggie Sottero?
Ebay dress disaster!!!!!!!!!! (pic heavy)
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:54 PM
Again, it's not horrible at all but I understand it's not what you envisioned.. I say sleep on it and take a look at it again in a few days. Maybe you'll feel different about then?
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:56 PM
| Originally Posted by Betsy |
The pic looks great - I'm sure once you have it altered on top you will feel better. But I bought a dress from EBAY too and hated it- luckily they took returns so I sent it back. I was a 3 dress bride b/c I just never got that *feeling* until my last dress! So if you don't like it or don't feel comfortable in it I would keep looking. I'm sure you can sell it on EBAY again, otherwise does the company you bought it from take returns??
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:58 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:01 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:03 PM
| Originally Posted by Dbld78 |
I love Jim Hjelm I wanted one of his as well. Now is it a real Jim Hjelm or a knock off? It looks like the dress is Alencon Lace and the other is something else. If you didn't pay to much then I would use it as your TTD. I do think it looks good on you too...
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:08 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:12 PM
1. It does look big on you on the top but I think that's a good thing b/c that means you are losing weight from the BDW weight loss challenge. YAY!
2. The Jim Hjelm dress that it was based on is one of my dream dresses. I stare at the dress all the time and drool. I wish I would have known you were trying to purchase a knock-off from China. The problem with knock-offs is that lace does not look that great IMHO. Not to say that your dress isn't pretty but unfortunately it won't look the same quality as the original.
3. The original cost that much for a reason, that type of lace is very expensive. However, I don't think your dress is that bad and I think we can fix it.
4. First things first you should go buy a different colored sash to get the color and quality you want. If you get a nicer quality sash it will make it look more elegant.
5. When you go get it taken it, maybe see if they can do a sweetheart neckline. Do you like that kind of neckline? This may add a little something more to the dress.
6. Are you wearing shoes in the pic? Put on your highest heels, put your hair up, put jewelery and do your make-up and see how you feel in the dress. You might realize its not so bad.
7. If you really hate the dress than just use it for TTD or try to re-sell it on ebay.
8. Ultimately, I think you look beautiful but in the end its what you think that really matters.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:19 PM
i do not think it looks exactly like the original dress BUT i do really like it (change sash and neckline) and think you look BEAUTIFUL! i say try to change it a bit before you abandon it - also you still have 7 months so you are in good shape!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users