Photo

Eeek - photographer flying in the day before?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

1. I would tell her she is absolutely responsible for that money if she does not show.

2. You said there is only 1 flight a day to Cancun. What if she books a flight to a connecting city in the US and then on to Cancun. There are a bunch of flights everyday from a city like Miami to Cancun.

That's all I got.

#12 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
    • 235 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Leigh, you're right, she is less experienced. She's probably been doing photography for 5 years (that's a total guess though) and I think she's done 3 DW. We don't have an updated contract with our photographer. The one we have was for our wedding here, not a DW. We haven't booked our trips or put money down yet so that's why I hadn't asked about an updated contract.

Really, I think it is too risky. I was hoping you girls would all tell me it's not but it sounds like it is.

It's just, when I looked up photographers in Cancun there were all around 3 grand US and you only got a couple hours for that and actual prints (not digitals). We can't afford to be spending a fortune so I'm even more at a loss now. :S

#13 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

I don't know what airline she's booked on, but can she fly to the connecting city the night before and then take the first flight out in the AM? I know that my family coming from Seattle is connecting either in LA (on Alaska), Phoenix (US Air) Houston (on Continental), or Dallas (American). I would think there would be late night flights to each of those that she could take.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RyanAmanda
        Leigh, you're right, she is less experienced. She's probably been doing photography for 5 years (that's a total guess though) and I think she's done 3 DW. We don't have an updated contract with our photographer. The one we have was for our wedding here, not a DW. We haven't booked our trips or put money down yet so that's why I hadn't asked about an updated contract.

Really, I think it is too risky. I was hoping you girls would all tell me it's not but it sounds like it is.

It's just, when I looked up photographers in Cancun there were all around 3 grand US and you only got a couple hours for that and actual prints (not digitals). We can't afford to be spending a fortune so I'm even more at a loss now. :S
        heres what i think though even if you get a good quality local person - sol, matt or their associate - for 3 hours you are getting great photos, not risking it with none or crappy photos from a rookie (not talking about your hired photographer here) so see if you can find someone local for a few hours on the wedding day and then if you cant get who you want specifically hire them for a day after. just a thought. i would rather have fewer hours and great photos than more coverage and ok photos.

eta - maybe you could use some of your wedding money to buy the digital negatives at a later date ala carte if the photographer offers them.

#15 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

I think its too risky also. I would explain that situation to her and see if she can let go of the wedding show idea, or else I would look for a new photographer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users