Eeek - photographer flying in the day before?
Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:28 PM
She's not making any money by doing our DW. Yeah, she gets a free week in Mexico but that's it. Her fee is the cost of the trip plus half (she brings an assistant so we cover the photographer's trip plus half the trip of the assistant). So, from a business standpoint, especially since she's a younger photographer, her not doing this show would be like shooting herself in the foot. She needs to do the show.
There are no packages that go Monday to Monday but she could get one from Sunday to Sunday and then just get a one way ticket to Cancun for the Monday (instead of using the ticket that comes with the package). How often are flights delayed though? I mean delayed by an entire day? I think it's pretty rare but I wasn't sure. Also, let's say her flight does get delayed by a day so instead of getting in Monday night, she gets in Tuesday night. Since the wedding was Tuesday afternoon she would miss the wedding - so then are we out the cost of her trip still? I mean, the flight getting delayed was neither our fault or hers.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:34 PM
I would perhaps look for a new photographer.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:11 PM
- with destination weddings you've got to plan for travel hiccups just in case.. which to me means planning her arrival to be minimum of 48 hours in advance of the wedding
if something were to happen, you'd be devastated (and so would she!)
just sounds too stressful to risk it
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:52 PM
If she missed the wedding I wouldn't be devastated - one of our guests (someone's boyfriend, etc.) would happily take pictures for us. It's just the whole, what do we do about payment then? We'll have already paid for her trip so I think we would be out the $3000.
She's already done our engagement pictures (we had hired her for our wedding here before we switched it to a DW) and we just really liked her. Plus, she was going to do the wedding day plus a TTD shoot while we were down there.
I looked into a few photographer down there (before we knew our photographer would come) and they're way more money for less. Plus we don't know them or have that connection that we have with this photographer.
I'm just so torn on what to do.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:59 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:29 PM
And the thing is, I wouldn't want her to miss the show. It makes up about a third of her annual income.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:32 PM
your weddings a tuesday right? maybe you could find a photographer who is shooting a wedding that saturday in that area willing to stay over? or of course look local. im not sure what your contract is with your photographer you have now. does it specify she will fly out two days before the wedding?
it sounds like youre getting her for so much less because she doesnt have experience doing DWs and i think its showing because any photographer who does would not feel comfortable making such a long trip out of the country the day before the wedding. heck i wouldnt even fly into nyc from CA for a wedding the day before and its in the same country and there are lots of flights.
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:34 PM
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:41 PM
Again, I would not chanve it, and I would feel really awful making her miss the show given that she gets to much business from it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users