Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
~Melissa~

Ideas for ordering wedding photos through photographer

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08 View Post
offtopic.gif

Since you girls had Robin photograph your weddings, do you have any picture recommendations that you think she missed? Or do you think she covered everything well? She is photographing mine in May.
The only thing I wish Robin had done was to take several shots of the whole group picture. It turns out I have my eyes closed in our big group picture. I didn't notice it until I looked at it close up. We also didn't get shots of just the girls or just the guys in the wedding party. If you have any shots that you think are a must just write up a list. She's very sweet and accommodating.

-V-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK first off I decided on what i am going to do. We don't have much in our bedroom for art/photos. We have too many windows to be honest and not alot of wallspace. Anyway I am going to put 3 11x16 canvas prints up along the only wall we really have. I liked Angela's idea of TTD photos so that's what i picked. Unfortunately I can't copy or paste any of the images but you can log into:

 

Robin DePaula Photography, LLC

the passcode is mel_ttd

I picked mel_ttd011, 019 and 020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08 View Post
offtopic.gif

Since you girls had Robin photograph your weddings, do you have any picture recommendations that you think she missed? Or do you think she covered everything well? She is photographing mine in May.
She covered everything well and is up for any suggestions you have as well. I didn't get groomsmen photos or getting ready bridesmaid photos because my wedding party was running around franticly and she couldn't catch the boys... lol I had a blast doing the TTD photos I totally recommend doing them. Just make sure you tell her whats important to you and she'll make sure she incorporates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08 View Post
offtopic.gif

Since you girls had Robin photograph your weddings, do you have any picture recommendations that you think she missed? Or do you think she covered everything well? She is photographing mine in May.
I would provide a specific list of individuals you'd like her to shoot photos of, and the priority that guest has in your photo list (such as, maybe you want 2-3 photos to choose from of your parents and you, but only 1 photo of you and some distant uncle you're not as close to). I would also ask for multiple shots to be taken of each item you've put on the list, and emphasize you want that so you have a wider choice. For example, if she takes 5 shots of one photo setup, then she narrows it down to only 2 good ones from the original 5 taken- you want to see both of those 2 photos to choose which one you would want as a print.

Once everyone is together (welcome dinner, etc...) before the wedding, make sure to introduce her to each person on that list individually and emphasize who they are and the relationship between you and the person (ie: This is Aunt Mary- she is my fiancee's aunt whom he's only been able to see once every 5 years)...

Me, personally--- I would ask to see the raw images from the camera before any touch-up work had been done. There could be 1-2 images that she wouldn't choose to make in the presentation to you- but those could be the images you would actually want.


(Sorry about the hijack Raeka!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good points Maria! I totally wish i would have done that.... we only have 1 shot of each family shot which sucks if someones eyes were closed. Good point about the raw images too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
I would provide a specific list of individuals you'd like her to shoot photos of, and the priority that guest has in your photo list (such as, maybe you want 2-3 photos to choose from of your parents and you, but only 1 photo of you and some distant uncle you're not as close to). I would also ask for multiple shots to be taken of each item you've put on the list, and emphasize you want that so you have a wider choice. For example, if she takes 5 shots of one photo setup, then she narrows it down to only 2 good ones from the original 5 taken- you want to see both of those 2 photos to choose which one you would want as a print.

Once everyone is together (welcome dinner, etc...) before the wedding, make sure to introduce her to each person on that list individually and emphasize who they are and the relationship between you and the person (ie: This is Aunt Mary- she is my fiancee's aunt whom he's only been able to see once every 5 years)...

Me, personally--- I would ask to see the raw images from the camera before any touch-up work had been done. There could be 1-2 images that she wouldn't choose to make in the presentation to you- but those could be the images you would actually want.


(Sorry about the hijack Raeka!)

I believe she will look at a list but won't shoot off of a list. I would suggest having someone in your wedding party or a guest know what you want and help setup photos. If my bridesmaid hadn't done this we wouldn't have any semi-formals or fun shots. Do ask to shoot more than one photo per setup!

Also I wouldn't worry about photos not making it into your slideshow, I believe every single photo she took was included...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
OK first off I decided on what i am going to do. We don't have much in our bedroom for art/photos. We have too many windows to be honest and not alot of wallspace. Anyway I am going to put 3 11x16 canvas prints up along the only wall we really have. I liked Angela's idea of TTD photos so that's what i picked. Unfortunately I can't copy or paste any of the images but you can log into:

Robin DePaula Photography, LLC
the passcode is mel_ttd
I picked mel_ttd011, 019 and 020.
You chose some great pics Mel! Great for the bedroom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Also I wouldn't worry about photos not making it into your slideshow, I believe every single photo she took was included...
I don't think I got all of my photos, so Maria's idea is a great one. I could be wrong though... haven't asked Robin about it though. We were very happy with the shots she took, but if there is something specific you want, Robin will gladly take it. She was very easy to work with :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×