Photo

ROR dress steaming/pressing?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

Did any ROR brides get their wedding dresses steamed or pressed at the ROR? We leave tomorrow morning and I'm just wondering if anyone has good or bad stories about this? Thanks!
    Jocelyn & Cory
    RIU Ocho Rios

#2 pouchie

pouchie
    • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jaychristensen
      Did any ROR brides get their wedding dresses steamed or pressed at the ROR? We leave tomorrow morning and I'm just wondering if anyone has good or bad stories about this? Thanks!
      I had my dress steamed. They don't do the steaming at the resort Chandlyn takes it somewhere in town. My dress and veil looked great when I got it back.

#3 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
      • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

That is great!!!! Thank you! I wanted some reassurance...I've had thoughts that if I get it steamed and they take it offsite I might not get it back, or there would be a big burn mark in it or something...a little bit paranoid. ha ha ha
        Jocelyn & Cory
        RIU Ocho Rios

#4 christenew

christenew
        • 325 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
          Congrats! Have a great time.

#5 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
          • 802 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

I'm just going to hang mine in the bathroom and use the steam from the hot water to get the wrinkles out. I really don't want to let it out of my sight. Congrats!! Can't wait for you to come back and give your review!

#6 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
            • 302 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

You are leaving so soon!!!! Congrats and do let us know how everything goes!!!! Have a great time :)

#7 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

I let mine hang in the bathroom and after I showered I turned the hot water all the way hot to steam it up. I guess it got too hot b/c the light bulb in the ceiling started to pop and I freaked and thought it was gonna break. But it got all the wrinkles out!!!

#8 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

I'm having my alterations lady press it before I leave (actually tomorrow) and then I'm just gonna keep it hanging as much as possible. Hopefully the shower steam will get out any wrinkles I acquire in transit!
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#9 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
                  • 70 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for all your help and well wishes! Can't believe it's actually here! I guess I'll see how it does on the plane and take it from there.

TwelvePiece: Hope you have a very wonderful wedding! We transfer to Negril on the 12th but maybe I'll be able to see your wedding before we leave (3:00)

I'll be sure to write a review with pictures in a couple weeks when we return!
                    Jocelyn & Cory
                    RIU Ocho Rios

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
                      Thanks for all your help and well wishes! Can't believe it's actually here! I guess I'll see how it does on the plane and take it from there.

TwelvePiece: Hope you have a very wonderful wedding! We transfer to Negril on the 12th but maybe I'll be able to see your wedding before we leave (3:00)

I'll be sure to write a review with pictures in a couple weeks when we return!
                      Oh, I hope I get to catch a piece of your wedding! All of our guests arrive on the 10th, but I'll try to sneak away for a few minutes. Best wishes, I know everything will be beautiful for you. Our ceremony is at 11am, so feel free to join the party!!! I'll be the one in the big white dress
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users