Grand riviera princess weddings????????????

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not having my wedding there but i did spend a week there in May doing site visits. We booked our stay with the princess in hopes that we would want to have our wedding there but it didn't work out that way. The place is very big and very nicely done. We met with the WC -Damarys and she was very plesant and answered all of our questions. (she is very overworked)

We liked the facility but after spending a week there we decided that it was too big, the food was sub-par, the service was hit or miss, and the drinks were inconsistent. The price however is very resonable and the rooms, pool, and beach were all very nice.

Another reason we didn't book there was because the only reception choice for a large group (100+) is the beach party. We saw four of them take place during our stay and it just wasn't what we wanted for our reception. It was windy and a bit cold, the sand was getting into the food and there was so much traffic on the beach it wasn't a personal or even semi-private event.

Overall, for the price of the room it was a good vacation but not the place I wanted to have my wedding. The resort should continue to improve as they get more trained staff, including wedding coordinator staff. If anyone has other questions feel free to contact me.

We ended up choosing the RIU RM Palace just the right size for us :)

Jaime

You can also have a reception for 100+ in a conference room - I did (for my rehearsal dinner). However, as I mention in my review, I wouldn't recommend it.

I also agree about the beach party being only semi-private - as I mentioned, I witnessed it and was asked to crash, and I imagine there were actually people crashing it.

I cannot recommend a wedding there - the only reason the score for Damarys wasn't lower is b/c she is overworked, and the only reason the score for the rehearsal dinner wasn't lower was b/c the food was good and we had a good time. But I should have probably given them both Ds. This is all besides the fact that the place isn't really my style in terms of a wedding space, but that is a matter of taste (I wanted something intimate, private, and rustic-chic, which I got at Al Cielo).

HOWEVER, I disagree about the food - I thought it was on par with some of the other AI resorts I visited, such as Paradisus Riviera, and better than others, such as Grand Sirenis and Barcelo (from my POV), for an AI. The rooms were nicer than those at all of the other AI resorts I visited on my site-reviews last November (you can find that post somewhere) as well (in my opinion).

It WAS very big, but I ran into pretty much everyone in my group a few times a day, and I saw the size as a payoff to the price. So if you are going to have your wedding off-property, but want a place for a large group to stay, it is a very reasonable choice - it allowed some of my friends and younger cousins who are not as well off to come to Mexico and celebrate with me, and to me, having my loved ones there was very important.

If you are having your wedding off-property, I'd say spend the money you would have spent on a rehearsal dinner on a sunset cruise or a dinner in Playa del Carmen - probably better spent!

I just got back from the GRP and we did have a wedding there, as well as a the beach party. I will post a full review soon. The wedding was amazing and the beach party was even better. It was very private, and there was no sand in the food..I will post pictures soon.

Also, no one came by our beach party or crashed it. When a few people came by the bar on the beach, the security told them it was for the wedding party only. People did walk by to admire, but everyone was very respectful, as were we when we saw weddings other nights. Maybe we were just lucky but it went pretty much flawless!