Photo

TA Gift?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Is it common to give a gift to your TA for handling your group? If so, what are some good ideas for gifts.

Thanks!

#2 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
    • 489 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

Good question md ocr...I was wandering the same thing....She did so much for us.
      http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#3 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

This is going to sound funny coming from a TA - but our wedding was before I became a TA - and I had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my TA's office the day we left for our wedding trip - she loved them, but said it was totally unnecessary. She did so much for us though - we wanted to express our gratitude.

Now, as a TA I wouldn't expect anything from my clients. The best thing you could give me is a review of your wedding/resort - and show me a few photos when you get home!!!

Lindsay

#4 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
        • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Great post! My TA has been a lifesaver so far and I would like to know how to show my appreciation.

#5 happygilmore

happygilmore
          • 576 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

I think if your TA has gone above and beyond and you are really happy with their service, I say give them a gift. As one TA mentioned in some thread, they often don't get paid until some timer after your actual trip. So a gift is a nice "thank you and I appreciate what you did"

We are from Vermont and so we are thinking real maple syrup for gifts.

Hope that helps

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

I am planning on getting my TA a gift card to her favorite restaurant and a nice card thanking her for all she has done.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

i say no...honestly as a TA referrals and your continued business is more than enough!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TA Lindsay
                This is going to sound funny coming from a TA - but our wedding was before I became a TA - and I had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my TA's office the day we left for our wedding trip - she loved them, but said it was totally unnecessary. She did so much for us though - we wanted to express our gratitude.

Now, as a TA I wouldn't expect anything from my clients. The best thing you could give me is a review of your wedding/resort - and show me a few photos when you get home!!!

Lindsay
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                i say no...honestly as a TA referrals and your continued business is more than enough!
                I've been thinking about this lately too. Now that I have heard from the TAs, I'll probably stick with something like this then. I'll write up a great referral & give her some pictures that could help her plan future trips to the resort. And a nice thank you card. I have also collected a lot of info about the area. Maybe I can include that too.

Does that sound good? A referal, thank you card and a word document about my hotel/ the area?

Oh, and a wedding picture. I've become friends with my TA while planning so I feel like she is part of the wedding. She might even come. Then she gets an OOT bag.

#9 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                • 413 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  I've been thinking about this lately too. Now that I have heard from the TAs, I'll probably stick with something like this then. I'll write up a great referral & give her some pictures that could help her plan future trips to the resort. And a nice thank you card. I have also collected a lot of info about the area. Maybe I can include that too.

Does that sound good? A referal, thank you card and a word document about my hotel/ the area?

Oh, and a wedding picture. I've become friends with my TA while planning so I feel like she is part of the wedding. She might even come. Then she gets an OOT bag.

That sounds PERFECT!!!

Lindsay

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

great, this is what I'll do then. I already sent her an invitation & she seemed to really enjoy that. TAs become a big part of a DW. One of my friends had told her about my brochures and said she was curious about them. So I sent her the whole invite with a "getting ready for mexico" brochure & the postcard that had her contact info for my guests.

I always try to think of ways to show people who are doing a great job it's appreciated so i really wanted to get the thank you gift right. I might throw in a little trinket from mexico, too. But, does a TA get way too many trinkets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users