Photo

Photo Package

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

Okay Dreams brides....if the packages are similar (I'm will be a cancun bride),

What package did you decide on? Did you use the photographer from the resort? Do you have to? What about the videographer?

I have received both the photo packages and video packages and well can't decide whats best and really what it all means. They list say 115 photos (different sizes) for a certain amount. Is this throughtout the night or in total? I've asked the WC but I don't think I understand her about this part.

And then how did you go about making your specific requests? DO you prepare a list of shots you want? Or leave it to the photographer?
    Any tips about the photography?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

I'm getting married in Dreams Cabo so I don't know if the packages are the same or not. But I didn't even bother asking for a package b/c I am using Juan Carlos Tapia. And if I wasn't getting married in cabo I would probably hire Leigh or Jonathan (both photogs on this board). I love both their work and that's what I would go with. But maybe one of the cancun brides can give you better info on this.

-Glenda

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

Hi Brenda,

I don't really understand the dreams photo thing either. I was planning to hire an outside photographer, but its just not in our budget, so I'm planning to use the resort photographer, I did see some pictures and they were decent. Could claudia put you in touch with the photographer and maybe it would be easier to clarify things first hand with them.

#4 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

Do you know if the resort requires you to hire their photographer? I can't see how they can do that though. I'm not sure about their photographer requirements but if you only get 115 photos, that sounds like e really bad deal.

I would look into hiring someone who's work you really like. With the resort photographers, you never know what you're going to get and since photos are the one thing you're going to have when it's all over, you want to make sure you're going to like them.

Keep us posted.

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

Oh, another thing Brenda, claudia did tell me that we could hire an outside photographer, I didn't clarify with her if they had to be a guest at the resort or not, you may want to check with her on this.

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

What would you recomend is a good photo package?

#7 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
              • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyhmartin
                What would you recomend is a good photo package?
                Yea good question. What is a good package and price to pay for those gorgeous photos we've seen like Rebeccas and Karlas?

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

hi brenda,

have you thought of submitting for jonathan's contest. he is giving away a free wedding package and he will make a decision by jan. 31. all you need to do is pay for his airfare and lodging but it would be sooo worth it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 jthrasher

jthrasher
                • Banned
                • 486 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host
                  hi brenda,

have you thought of submitting for jonathan's contest. he is giving away a free wedding package and he will make a decision by jan. 31. all you need to do is pay for his airfare and lodging but it would be sooo worth it.

I think I'm already booked for her day. :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users