Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I used Monica during my planning process and didn't really have too many complaints until recently about her. Since you're early in the process, I wonder if you could "switch" to Valeria. All of the EDR brides who have worked w/ her, loved her. Monica is sweet and nice - she gets back to you after a day or so - but she's not very organized and unless you stay on top of her w/ your organizational stuff, things may get kind of confused.....
Thanks for the advice... I might just do that. I don't want to offend Monica, because she hasn't really done anything wrong. Since it's so early, I may give her some more time to get with the program. If not, I'll ask to switch before it gets to be too late. Thanks again! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I'm planning on having the free dinner as my reception, but then we're going to move to Gaviotas afterwards for a private party (just for a private space for drinks, cake, and dancing). that's just an $8.00/person charge. i'll be in my gown at el cocotal for the free dinner, though, so i'll let you know how i felt after i get back. like mrs. v-to-be said, i haven't heard any former EDR bride say that she felt weird in her gown at the free reception, but now i'm worried about that! (just kidding - it will be fine).
I copied Jennifer and am doing the same thing she is doing. Free dinner at El Cocotal and private party afterwards at the health bar for cake and dancing at ($8/person + cost of cake). I made these decisions mostly because they fit in our budget. BTW, I did have some initial concerns about Monica, but she has been great thus far. I would advise you to read the EDR ceremony, reception thread because there is tons of info on this topic...as well as anything else you can imagine on that thread! Happy planning and let us know how we can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can switch to Valeria, I like her alot (so far). We are doing a cocktail party and a private dinner. Still up in the air about which dinner, family style or sit down. We are using our free dinner the night before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter is having her free dinner at Las Fuentes and afterwards we are doing the dessert reception at Tucanes bar for $20 per person, including drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
LOL - No worries nor panic created at all! I was just kidding. Other than the photographer issue, I'm totally cool as a cucumber about everything and will just roll with whatever happens. It will all turn out great, I just know it. Anyway, I'll write a detailed review after I get back and let you know how my free dinner turned out.

As for the cocktail party, we're having a Welcome Reception the night before. I believe that costs $18/person (depending on the number of canapes you get). We're also getting the donkey and a mariachi band for that. It will be a two hour event at Tucanes. Again, I'll give you the complete lowdown on all of this after I get back.
Your "schedule" or setups sounds AWESOME! :) I am jealous of the mariachi band- wish our budget had more room!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
My daughter is having her free dinner at Las Fuentes and afterwards we are doing the dessert reception at Tucanes bar for $20 per person, including drinks. Valeria is her WC, but, like Monica, she also doesn't offer lots of ideas; she is more reactive than proactive. It seems like you have to know what questions to ask. That's where this forum has been immensely helpful.
Ours is almost identical :):)-- free dinner at Las Fuentes and reception afterwards at Tucanes- we are having the chocolate fountain party....
We are doing a private dinner on the beach the following night as a "thank you/send off" dinner (this is guest's last night on resort)....
Valeria has been really great with me. I had a freakout today under another thread when I thought they were charging me $500 for outside photographer AND a 3 night stay for photog- but Valeria cleared that up... I've basically been on this forum and found out what other's were doing and asked Valeria about it and then sent her pictures off the internet of what I wanted in regards to the cake, decorations, setup and she has responded to those and given pricing, etc...
I was thinking- is Monica and Valeria the only 2 WCs? If so, with the amount of weddings EDR has, sounds like they must be super busy!-- I've been really really happy with Valeria....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
Ours is almost identical :):)-- free dinner at Las Fuentes and reception afterwards at Tucanes- we are having the chocolate fountain party....
We are doing a private dinner on the beach the following night as a "thank you/send off" dinner (this is guest's last night on resort)....
Valeria has been really great with me. I had a freakout today under another thread when I thought they were charging me $500 for outside photographer AND a 3 night stay for photog- but Valeria cleared that up... I've basically been on this forum and found out what other's were doing and asked Valeria about it and then sent her pictures off the internet of what I wanted in regards to the cake, decorations, setup and she has responded to those and given pricing, etc...
I was thinking- is Monica and Valeria the only 2 WCs? If so, with the amount of weddings EDR has, sounds like they must be super busy!-- I've been really really happy with Valeria....
This forum has definitely helped know the right questions to ask Valeria. Otherwise, we might forgotten something really important.
Monica & Valeria are headquartered out of Cancun, so we won't even see them while we are in Mexico. Once we are at EDR, we will work with their on-site wedding coodinators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am going to stick with the free dinner, but am now considering the private dessert event. Can anyone direct me to information about the private dessert event and the fondue private event? I have emailed Monica about it, but she keeps sending the event list, which is not much help. From what I can tell the dessert event is now $9.00/person and the fondue is now $24.00/person.

Also, Shannon I have a question about the private dinner on the beach for you and your guests, where did you find pricing info for this? I think it is nice gesture and am considering it as well.

 

Thank you,

Jennifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was included for the $9.00? I can't find anything about that particular item. Please post what you know. Here is what Valeria told us the dessert reception includes and costs:

LEMON TART

SEVEN FRUIT TART

OPERA CAKE

LARGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

LARGE APPLE PIE

PASSION FRUIT CAKE

RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE

FRUIT CAKE

CHOCOLATE CAKE

MACAROON COOKIES (3 TYPES) SERVINGS

 

This price included 2 hours of open bar, set up of High top tables, covered in white linens, and waiter service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
What was included for the $9.00? I can't find anything about that particular item. Please post what you know. Here is what Valeria told us the dessert reception includes and costs:
LEMON TART
SEVEN FRUIT TART
OPERA CAKE
LARGE CHOCOLATE CAKE
LARGE APPLE PIE
PASSION FRUIT CAKE
RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE
FRUIT CAKE
CHOCOLATE CAKE
MACAROON COOKIES (3 TYPES) SERVINGS

This price included 2 hours of open bar, set up of High top tables, covered in white linens, and waiter service.

Thank you for posting this, it is more info than I was able to find. Monica keeps sending me the event kit and that just lists one dessert at $9.00/person, I am not sure she understands what I am asking, but I will try again. Do you know if this is can be setup in the swing bar? Also, are you purchasing this in addition to a wedding cake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×