Post your OOT Bag Photos!

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#61 jpkw

jpkw
  • VIP Member
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

yes, $2 is a great price - that's why i jumped on it and got 40!! they are great quality and super cute, but just pretty small. the large size is about as tall as a very small water bottle (just like the picture) - i was hoping for a bigger bag that people could fit a towel in. i just wish they were bigger. i'm still waiting for ailana to let me know about the return policy.

#62 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jpkw
      what's the link for cheap totes where you got yours?

Is it -- Wholesale Blank Bags - Tote -BlankShirtStore.com
      I am not sure if you were asking me or not, but here are the bags I got ... Canvas TOTE BAG - I got the natural color $.99 ones.

#63 jpkw

jpkw
      • VIP Member
      • 1,650 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks so much Ann! Yes, I was asking you. Those look great! Are you putting a monogram on or just leaving as is? I'm still figuring out what I'm doing with bags but I like the idea of a bigger bag. I'll either get some totes or maybe just go with paper bags and fill with more stuff. I was just looking at your ticker and realize we are only 5 days apart! Can't believe it's the 4 month mark now - crazy! I still have a ton to do!

Ok, so if anyone is interested in the STRAW bags, please let me know... I will send mine to you!!! thanks girls!

#64 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

I do think I am going to try to put a monogram on them - something like what Sarah did - I just hope I can handle it! If not that, then I will just put a tag around the handle w/our monogram on it. I do think the bags will be too plain w/o anything though.

#65 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
          • 631 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

so the large ones are small?

#66 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

At long last, here are my OOT bags. This was quite an adventure, considering I had to add our names to the monogram I got from Aylee (did it in powerpoint), then find a way to mirror image the monogram and the text I had added- this took way longer than it should have, and I'm sure someone else knows a simple way, but I ended up doing it in my Photofusion software and then reformatting to .jpg to print.

I used canvas bags from Hobby Lobby that I paid $1.25 each for (after using a 40% off coupon). I used Avery iron-on transfer paper, and the monogram is approx. 5" in diameter. I was able to print 2 monograms per sheet of transfer paper.

I'm really happy with the end result though. We wanted something that would be a keepsake for our guests without having our name be the major focus- I think we accomplished this well with the monogram we chose. We are also having our custom koozies made with the same design. I'll post pics when they arrive.

The bag

Click the image to open in full size.

Close-up of monogram on bag

#67 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
              • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                At long last, here are my OOT bags. This was quite an adventure, considering I had to add our names to the monogram I got from Aylee (did it in powerpoint), then find a way to mirror image the monogram and the text I had added- this took way longer than it should have, and I'm sure someone else knows a simple way, but I ended up doing it in my Photofusion software and then reformatting to .jpg to print.

I used canvas bags from Hobby Lobby that I paid $1.25 each for (after using a 40% off coupon). I used Avery iron-on transfer paper, and the monogram is approx. 5" in diameter. I was able to print 2 monograms per sheet of transfer paper.

I'm really happy with the end result though. We wanted something that would be a keepsake for our guests without having our name be the major focus- I think we accomplished this well with the monogram we chose. We are also having our custom koozies made with the same design. I'll post pics when they arrive.

The bag

Close-up of monogram on bag

Sarah they came out great! I will have to post mine as well! The ironing on for me was a BIT*H.

#68 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

Sarah, I love those! They came out great! All you guys with your martha stewart ideas, I can barely turn the iron on, never mind try and iron these things on!

#69 jpkw

jpkw
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:33 PM

Sarah - your bags came out great!! I am SO impressed!

#70 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

I love them sarah!!! makes me want to do them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users