Post your OOT Bag Photos!

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#251 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

D

MY question is how are you planning ahead to make purchases?  I would love to make purchases ahead to spread out some of the cost, but I'm concerned about the quantity to buy.

Do you know how many guests you will have? If so, I would start with half of that #, considering guests always back out. If you do purchase too much, you can always double up the items in the bags or use the items yourself (Tylenol, pepto, tums, etc.).

#252 Kasey04

Kasey04
    • 151 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by un4gitabl 

MY question is how are you planning ahead to make purchases?  I would love to make purchases ahead to spread out some of the cost, but I'm concerned about the quantity to buy.

It looks like our weddings are just about a week apart!  After reading all of these posts, I have decided that I'm going to start buying things now and hope for the best. I have 15 confirmed guests. I think I'm going to make like 20-22 bags. If, god for bid I don't have enough stuff, I'll have my mom or sister give up their bags. They are already getting some nice presents from me anyways! I think I would rather guess conservatively and save money rather than over guess and have 20 of the same bags, mugs, etc. But I can also see the benefit in having a safety net!

#253 Braelan

Braelan
      • Site Supporter
      • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

I love these bags! You have so many great small ideas which would be easy to travel with!

#254 samanthalise

samanthalise
        • 3 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 14, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
        • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

All of these OOT bags are stunning and so fun! I have collected many great ideas from this thread and wanted to thank everyone for posting pictures to help all of the un-crafty brides like me. I can't wait to create some of my own!  

#255 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
        • 110 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kasey04 

It looks like our weddings are just about a week apart!  After reading all of these posts, I have decided that I'm going to start buying things now and hope for the best. I have 15 confirmed guests. I think I'm going to make like 20-22 bags. If, god for bid I don't have enough stuff, I'll have my mom or sister give up their bags. They are already getting some nice presents from me anyways! I think I would rather guess conservatively and save money rather than over guess and have 20 of the same bags, mugs, etc. But I can also see the benefit in having a safety net!

Cheers indeed!!  I have a very large family so currently I have 33 confirmed guests, but I'm not anticipating too many more.  I found cups on sale a few months ago and bough 50 of those, looks like people who can't make it may be getting a cup too   I like your idea about just making what we think and then if need be my brothers and sisters can absolutely give theirs to other guests.  I  think I'll start looking for stuff for 50 guests and I think there is no way I'll ever have that and then I can add to bags or like I said give to those that won't be able to make it (one of my best friends found out she is pregnant and she is due a month after the wedding so no travel for her ).

#256 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
        • Site Supporter
        • 406 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
        • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I started a year in advance....I anticipated about 40 guests, so I started purchasing items to make 20 bags....we have 80 people booked so needless to say, I had to buy more items an am well over my budget for OOT bags.....so I suggest waiting to start buying things until you have a better idea as to how many people will be attending!
        17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
        Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#257 jillsy

jillsy
        • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

LOADS of pictures of my bags. I am still adding to them and have changed the menus, but all in all, a lot of fun times getting these ready !

http://www.bestdesti...or-cabo-wedding

I hope you like them!!

#258 princym

princym
          • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

jillsy your OOT bags & everything look amazing!!! Would you mind sending me your templates? princymathai@gmail.com

#259 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
            • 110 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Seriously Jillsy!  Your bage look AWESOME!!!  Great job!!!

#260 Canbera23

Canbera23
            • Site Supporter
            • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

If anyone is looking for bags I got a Livingsocial deal $10 for $50 worth at Vistaprint. Their canvas bags come to about $2 each with that deal. I bought a personalized wedding logo on etsy for $5 and that's what will be printed on the bags for free. Also if you have an HEB I found Chapstick on clearance for .20 in the pharmacy section. Also they had pepto to-go tablets (12 tablets) marked to $1.37 each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users