Photo

Touring around Ocho Rios in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sharonie

Sharonie
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

A guest wants to go off the resort so he can touch, feel, and smell the REAL Jamaica. To be safe, I am thinking about hiring a taxi and does a private tour if he or anyone else want to join. Has anyone or your guests done something like this? What would you suggest? And how much would it cost? Any suggestions will be very helpful!!

#2 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

I would suggest contacting Lees Travel Tours. They are great to work with. There is another thread I started on her that has their contact information.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#3 Sharonie

Sharonie
      • 557 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

I know Lees Travel offer a Brown's Town Tour. I just wonder is that still just a tourist spot or you can truly see the Jamaica culture through this tour.

#4 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
        • 679 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Lees will do anything for you. Just contact her, and let her know what you are looking for. They have accomodated all of my requests. I would definetly touch base with her to see what she can do.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#5 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
          • 2,302 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

If you don't use a known company like Lee's, then please be careful. You will have some locals that will offer you a ride around Jamaica for a fee. They are trying to make $ anyway they can, which isnt always the safest way to go for tourists.

Just make sure the taxi cab company has some kind of legitimate sign on their car. I've heard so many great things about Lee's Travel Tours, that I dont think you could go wrong just using them :~)
            2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

Also, your tour provider should offer some pre-packaged tours as well. We just let our guests choose from which tours they wanted to go on. All were offered by our tour provider and all were excellent! There are shopping tours into Ocho Rios, tours to Plantations, tours to the Luminous lagoon near Montego Bay, and one we went on that took us all across the island and really gave us a good feel for Jamaica was a Black River safari tour which took us to the Appleton Rum Factory, YS Falls, and the Black River crocodile safari. It was really great but a long day of traveling.
              There are lots of options out there for your guests, they may want to make their own choice... but you could certainly look into putting together your own tour with Lee's as well!
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#7 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

Thank you, I'll definitely talk to Lees Travel and see what they can offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users