Postcard guestbook idea

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tobi

• 163 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

I thought that instead of doing the typical guest book, I'd like to have more of a "favorite memory" opportunity for everyone to share. it's the great part about a dw is that it's not just a wedding...it's a vacation for everybody.
    i thought it would be nice to put a postcard w/ stamp in everyone's OOT bags and put instructions to "Please share your favorite memory about our wedding cruise". I guess I need to think of a better/cuter way to word it but you get the point.

#2 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

great idea, it will be very cute. I think it would be cool to have the post marks on the cards, but I always feel like postcards get ruined in the mail so you might want to think about including envelopes too.
    I put a little note in our guestbook (different theme) but you could do something cute like this with the card and tie them together
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 michelle08

• VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

I love this idea and was going to do it too but was concerned about the postcards not coming back to me...so I haven't decided for sure but I am probably going to just get poscards and have them fill them out there or something...

cute poem christine

#4 pryzeless

• 614 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

I was thinking about the same thing but I am concerned I would never get them back esp. from Mexico.

#5 BrittneyD

• 679 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

I am doing this, but I am not going to have them mailed. We are going to have our guests write a message and give it to us at the resort. I would hate for something to get lost in the mail, or someone to forget to send it.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

#6 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am using this idea for my guestbook. Everyone will fill out a card and drop it in our treasure box.

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 tlomlad

• Banned
            • 1,949 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

these are all great ideas!!!

#8 azhuskergirl

• 1,131 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

we're going to do this & we're taking the chance on the USPS!

#9 manda0812

• 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

I love the treasure chest idea, postcards scare me in that some people might not send them back. bit like feedback forms from a training session, people take them home and you never see them again

#10 Tobi

• 163 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

Oh I love the chest idea. The only thing that concerns me about that is the fact that the wedding is taking place in the middle of the cruise so the "favorite memory" may not have happend yet.
                    i aggree about people not sending them though. maybe I'll come up with a way to pass out the cards on the final night of the cruise at dinner or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users