Sign in to follow this  
BarefootBride

I think I hate my dress now

I cant believe I am writing this thread. I almost started to cry after I saw photos of me in my dress during yesterday's fitting. I look horrible. The seamstress has done an awesome job of altering the dress to being backless but now that shes cut it and started sewing it I really dont like it. I really dont want to wear a veil in Fiji ( it seems silly to me) but I just might have to. Im pretty sad. I dont know what to do. If I buy another dress it would be my 3rd one. FI already saw me in the first one (which I like more now). This is depressing.

I am sure you look absolutely fine. Hey I am getting married in the tropics in July and the weather is very similar to Fiji and I am wearing a veil so don't be too disappointed if you think you need to wear one. sometimes they are the finishing touches on wedding dresses. have you got any photos of it happy to give my honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda0812 View Post
I am sure you look absolutely fine. Hey I am getting married in the tropics in July and the weather is very similar to Fiji and I am wearing a veil so don't be too disappointed if you think you need to wear one. sometimes they are the finishing touches on wedding dresses. have you got any photos of it happy to give my honest opinion
Its a work and I know that once I get back to work in the morning and open that email I am going to get pissed. I look like a hunchback! Im probably thinking that I am going to have to wear my hair down.
Wow! I thought that it will be winter in July?
We are going to fly to New Zealand after our wedding and drive around in a motor home for almost a week. How do you think the weather will be? (totally off subject)

oh darling I am sure you don't look like a hunchback, think positive.. Well it is sort of our winter but still 25 - 27 degrees (celcius that is) during the day in July, the nights can get cool. NZ will be freezing! I mean I went there in summer and there was still snow on the peaks!! you will love it, it is such a beautiful country, almost as good as Oz! he he no really the motor home thing is the way to go and you should see a fair bit in that time.

I'm so sorry you don't like it!! But I expect you're just being self-critical, I'm sure you're gorgeous in it!!!

If you're feeling like it makes you hunchy, remember that you're there, trying it on, pins, florescent lighting, etc. It could just be situational. If it's more than that, you might try a ballet class or some yoga - they go a long way toward getting you more upright.

But I'm still 100% sure you're gorgeous in it!!!

i agree with becks - the mirrors and environment are unfortunatley not the best ... can you post a pic so we can at least give you an honest opinion? on another note - why is it a big deal if FI saw the 1st dress? if you love it, wear it, you will look different on your wedding day, hair, make up, environment, he will be staring into your eyes and not at your dress - the most important thing is you feel comfortable and beautiful!

I bet you look beautiful, I hated myself in the snapshot photos of my dress too (by the way I had three dresses also). The first dress my mom convinced me it was the right one, but it was too simple for me, so I went the total opposite and got something too fancy, so my dress I wore I finally settled on something that I loved. Its okay to change your mind, but if you liked it to begin with think about what you looked like in the mirror not in the photos.