Photo

Hypnosis Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

See I'd be more afraid of the creepy crawlies in the basement. Too many spiders and centipedes potentially waiting to crawl on me. When I lived in Orlando, I got used to thunderstorms. Now the ones we have here in Pittsburgh don't seem so bad.
    http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
    Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
    Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#12 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:24 AM

I agree with seeing a therapist. You should be able to find a behavioral therapist that is trained in using Systematic desensitization/graduated exposure therapy. This will help you in a step by step approach at reducing your negative reaction.

Good luck!

#13 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
        I agree with seeing a therapist. You should be able to find a behavioral therapist that is trained in using Systematic desensitization/graduated exposure therapy. This will help you in a step by step approach at reducing your negative reaction.

Good luck!
        Thank you Jessica...I will definitely have to look into this. :)

#14 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

A friend of mine did it to quit smoking. It was amazing, she went once and hasn't smoked since!

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

I once wanted to go to hypnotherapy school so I'm a little biased, but it is highly effective for many people.

I say try it first - it's way cheaper than traditional therapy and you don't have to keep going back. One session (sometimes two) is usually all you need. Look for a hypnotherapist that has been trained in neuro-lingual programming.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users