Sign in to follow this  
Pazoop

Las Caletas - Site Review March 2008

I know that several others have already posted site reviews so I don't want to repeat what has already been writen -- if you have any new questions please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to answer them if I can...

March 26, 2008

We took the early boat to LC on March 26th and met Kelley on the dock at the marina pier. They say the boat ride takes b/w 45 minutes and 1 hour but honestly, it felt like no more than 25 minutes because we were having such a great time chatting with Kelley and drinking our coffee and eating our muffins. The water was like glass so I didn’t even remember that I had been concerned about people getting sea sick until much later in the day.

There were guys providing entertainment on the way over, dancing on the bow of the ship, but I honestly didn’t pay much attention so I don’t know what they were saying. I was having too much fun chatting with Kelley and watching the pelicans dive bomb the water going after fish.

As soon as it was even remotely possibly to spot Las Caletas in the distance I was up at the front of the boat snapping pictures and staring through the mist. I felt like I was an 8 year old….but it was fun!

When I could finally (finally!!!!) see the beach clearly, all I can say is…. Well, I can say nothing to really describe it visually because there are no words to do it justice. Well, maybe there are, but I’m not a poet so I leave it to the poets and artists to try and describe or photographically capture it.

The best I can do is to tell you that it’s not just a visual experience – it is an entire physical transformation. I saw the beach and instantly my lungs expanded more when I breathed, and my shoulders lowered and relaxed, and my mouth began forming this partial smile that stayed for the rest of the day….It was WOW like that WOW….

We laid on the beach for a while, and then we both had massages at the spa (as if we needed to relax a little more!). Kelley talked us through what the wedding day would be like but all I needed to know was that she knows her job and what’s she doing but that she’s chilled and relaxed and has excellent opinions– I now know I will be relaxed because if she’s in charge of my wedding day I trust her to “Get it done!” or to improvise. She’s got my faith! She’s also got my sense of humor so between those two things I think we’re going to have a great time planning this wedding!

Ok, so the pictures are a lot of duplicates from others site visits but here you go anyway….

The grounds of Las Caletas...

Click the image to open in full size.

Walking up through here gets you to the washrooms...

I loved how thick the brush and trees were...there were parrots and owls and monkeys around during the day there....

The new yellow of the cabana where the receptions are held....

All the tables are reorganized at night and covered for the reception and the store are is all closed up....

Last one (Promise!)

Bridal suite with champagne set for a wedding that day...

Beautiful sunset after returning from Las Caletas that night! Perfect end to a perfect day!

Julia, you rock! Those pics are awesome, and I;m sure all the LC brides are about to be thanking you big time! So beautiful there!

And don't ever feel like you can post too many pics, we're all picture whores on here wink.gif

Thanks!