Airport/Customs Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarchBride

• 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Has anyone, who's already been married in Jamaica, experienced any problems bringing items such as programs, favors, OOT bags, etc. through customs. A family member of mine who got married there said that she had to pay duty on many of her items including her wedding dress!!!! She actually lives there, so I can understand the dress, but I don't want to be surprised at the airport. For brides going soon, please check this out. If anyone can offer any light on the issue I would be most grateful.

#2 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

I brought 44 travel mugs and various other items for welcome bags to Jamaica and they would have been worth approximately $500. So I did write $500 on the Customs form and when we entered Jamaica she just asked me if they were gifts and would I be giving them to individuals and the individuals would then be taking them home with them? I said Yes, and she waved me through. I think they are getting REALLY used to this with the amount of Jamaican weddings, so just be honest and you should be fine! Hope that helps! :)
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

Like jmhein, I too brought 51 travel mugs, fans, matches, other miscellaneous stuff and I didn't have a problem. I never put anything on my customs form about this - FYI.

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users