Photo

Attention All Members...please Read!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:19 AM

Very well put. I would think that most people on the forum use those 'guidelines' not just on the forum, but in life in general. Constructive criticism is one thing. But just being plain out crass is something entirely different.
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#32 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by twinkletoes
      Very well put. I would think that most people on the forum use those 'guidelines' not just on the forum, but in life in general. Constructive criticism is one thing. But just being plain out crass is something entirely different.
      Very true. You know those people that start every sentence with "no offense but..." and then they say something really offensive that wasn't at all constructive. I might print out glenda's tips for them.

#33 manda0812

manda0812
      • 343 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dragonfly
        Glenda well said, one of the things I love about being here is how wonderfully supportive we all are to each other. I have been to other forums where my time there was less then enjoyable. Let's all post with the intention that Tammy (host) had when starting this forum, to be a helpful source of information and a positive influence in the wedding experience of all of our members. In the words of Glenda I heart you all:)

I am so hearing you, I went to a sight after searching for something and all they were doing was arguing with each other about something that someone said, it wasn't happy at all. I find this site uplifting and if I don't like something (and of course we all don't have the same taste) I just go to the next thread.. as the saying goes. if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say it all...

great post...

#34 Dbell

Dbell
        • 455 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

Thank you!!! We are all adults and should act accordingly and respect one another!!!

#35 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
          • VIP Member
          • 3,405 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Good one Glenda....I agree...let's be courteous of everyones decisions on their weddings. Tastes are so different from person to person, so we should always try to either say something nice....or nothing at all! The golden rule my friends!

#36 niels408

niels408
            • 327 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

Great post Glenda!! Woo-hoo!

Laura

#37 babycow

babycow
              • 367 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Great reminder. It's especially important to remember that things that are typed out can be interpreted wrong by the reader. Sarcasm or jokes tend to not come across all that well in writing.
                http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                Erica and Tim
                Dreams Tulum
                Mexico
                May 17, 2008

#38 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

I don't think anyone on here should worry about being sarcastic. A lot of us are super sarcastic (myself included) and I think anyone with common sense can tell when someone is clearly joking.

No one should feel scared to post their ideas or opinions, the purpose of this message was not to censore people. We want to hear opinions. I'm sure you all know that I'm referring to situations where someone is being blatantly rude.

No one panic and start editing their posts, this didn't happen, I just wanted to remind everyone of how great we are as a forum. We want to be able to be honest with each other, everything out of our mouths doesn't have to be soft and fuzzy but we do still have to be considerate of other people's feelings.

And regarding the hot pink sash...LOL. It looks great. I should have been more clear in my post. I didn't mean that telling someone that their sash doesn't look good is constructive criticism. I meant moreso if you had asked "Does my highlighter yellow dress match with the hot pink sash?" and people gave you their honest opinions and told you that they liked it better w/o the hot pink sash. Your dress however looked fabulous with the hot pink sash!

#39 tlomlad

tlomlad
                  • Banned
                  • 1,949 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

Thanks Glenda!!!!!!

#40 monicaswave

monicaswave
                    • 450 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Thank you for reminding all of us to be polite. I know at times people get carried again when saying their opinion but it is nice to remind everyone to be considerate. I have never been offended by anyone in this forum and I would hate to hurt someone's feelings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users