Photo

April Fools' Joke- DH is SOOO mad at me!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 amym567

amym567
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

So my DH is HUGE on April Fools' Day (or should I say him and all his friends). Don't know of anything going on this year (hopefully they are all growing up!). ANYWAY, I thought it would be funny to have my co-worker call him and tell him I was headed to the hospital to have the baby (10 weeks early!)!!!!! Well Derek (my co-worker) said he sounded so flustered & hurried to get off the phone (he was probably wanting to call his mom who is a nurse, or run to tell my dad & bro- because he works with them). So I call him and finally get through, say "April Fool's" and HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!! Then I tried to call him back and his phone must be off! I'm a teacher, so I can't call now that lunch is over, but I feel TERRIBLE!!! He must've been so scared! I did send him a text and apologize and told him that I'd make it up to him later (thanks to the other thread about the texting!). Just had to share~ I feel so bad!!!

Amy

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Oh No! He was probably just really scared for you and the baby... he will get over it.

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

That's funny - well done - blokes cannot take a joke can they lmao

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

Awwwww. At least you let him know right away that it was a joke.

I played a mean joke on my ex one year and then I left for 2 hours to get my hair done, so he was flipping for those two hours. I did feel bad afterwards though.

Perhaps brining home a treat tonight will help him see thaty ou realized after he fact that it was a kind of scary joke.

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Ooops! I hate it when we think we're being tricky & clever like them & then they can't take it....

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

Maybe he'll think twice about pulling pranks on you anymore!

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

LOL!!! Don't feel bad, he will get over it.

#8 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Well, I thought it was funny. Guys sure can dish it but they cant take it! Dont worry! He will laugh at it later!

#9 Kryztan

Kryztan
                  • 743 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

He will get over it...he was probably terrified and had about 3000 other emotions at the same time!

#10 amym567

amym567
                    • 403 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carly
                      Perhaps brining home a treat tonight will help him see thaty ou realized after he fact that it was a kind of scary joke.
                      Good suggestion~ I'm going to dinner with my grandma, but sent him a text telling him i feel terrible and will he forgive me if I bring home Famous Dave ribs for him (his favorite!). He never texts, so don't think I'll get a response, but i want 2:10 to get here quickly so I can call him when my kids are gone!!!

Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users