Help me! Site Visit Top 3 ideas?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznchris2006 View Post
You can have a private reception at the moon palace. I belive you can do it on the terrace or in the ballroom (I think there might be a beach option too, but not sure). I am also pretty sure that you can get married on the beach there.

The dinner you saw is included, but if you want, you can add on a cocktail reception or a dinner reception or both (for an added cost). Actually, based on the number or rooms your party books, you might actually get the coctail reception free. I know a lot of people use the free dinner as a welcome dinner if they are also doing a reception.

The Moon Palce can be a little expensive for guests (our guests are looking at paying about $1213 each for 4 nights - not including airfair...but this is in January, high season...we are going to visit in Sept and 4 nights AND airfair is $1017 each). But that does include ALL food, drinks, liquor, entertainment, taxes and tips....and if you stay 3 or more nights, they include some excurisions (you can go to the ruins for no out of pocket cost).

There are also two sides of teh resort. The Sunrise side which is a little more rowdy and has teh "disco" and stuff and the Nitzuc side, which is where most of the wedding stuff takes place and is quite a bit more mellow (so I've heard).

Hope that helps
Good to know! We were looking into Moon Palace, but had decided against it thinking you couldn't have a private dinner. Thanks for all the info, very helpful!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... check out the Westin for sure. The really neat (at least to me) thing about the Westin is it's location. It's at the far southern tip of the strip... far away from all the other big "party" hotels. The beach there is huge and flat. the scene there is very mellow... nothing like the Spring break atmosphere

of the hotels further up the beach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helland Photographs View Post
... check out the Westin for sure. The really neat (at least to me) thing about the Westin is it's location. It's at the far southern tip of the strip... far away from all the other big "party" hotels. The beach there is huge and flat. the scene there is very mellow... nothing like the Spring break atmosphere
of the hotels further up the beach...
Thank you! I have barely heard ANYthing about the Westin so its good to hear your comments. Have you ever heard about or seen/ shot any weddings there? I do kind of like the fact that its on a quiet end of the hotel zone.

OH and I also just found out that Fiesta Americana Condesa can't do beach ceremonies b/c of the beach condition so now I'm very worried that maybe many other hotels won't be able to either! sad.gif

I think you should take Moon Palace off the list because it is not close to the hotel strip, per your note.

Since being on the beach is so important to you, let me recommend you also consider the Hyatt Cancun Caribe Resort. Not as popular as those that you've listed, but the property has one of the better beaches in Cancun. A lot of the properties lost most of their beach after Wilma, but this property still has a pretty nice one.

I will be able to give you a better assessment after I get married there on May 3rd. I will be getting married on their terrace, but will take plenty of pictures and give a full review when I return.

Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade2893 View Post
I think you should take Moon Palace off the list because it is not close to the hotel strip, per your note.

Since being on the beach is so important to you, let me recommend you also consider the Hyatt Cancun Caribe Resort. Not as popular as those that you've listed, but the property has one of the better beaches in Cancun. A lot of the properties lost most of their beach after Wilma, but this property still has a pretty nice one.

I will be able to give you a better assessment after I get married there on May 3rd. I will be getting married on their terrace, but will take plenty of pictures and give a full review when I return.

Good luck!!
I was thinking about the Hyatt Caribe Resort (I actually work for Hyatt here in San Antonio, TX)! Do you have any further info on them....or pics you might be able to send? How has your overall experience been with them so far? Where are you having your reception there? How is their WC? I was kind of staying away from that resort b/c I hadn't heard of any people getting married there, so I am very happy to hear that you are! Any info you can share of them would be greatly appreciated!!

as mentioned (just want to clarify) moon palace and paradisus are close to cancun (I think about 20-30 minutes away) but not in cancun. Being in Cancun versus the mayan riviera is completely different. do you want the more crowded and party atmosphere of cancun (but with the advantage of their being lots to do very very close to the resort) or the calmer atmosphere of the mayan riviera? I like the fact that moon palace and paradisus are close enough to be able to go to cancun for the day or evening.

I did a site visit before choosing the Hilton. Here is my 2 cents on your hotels listed below.

Fiesta - didn't visit this one

Hilton - there is plenty of beach for a beach wedding (I believe you saw my pics in my previous post?)

Westin - we cancelled our visit here because the reviews on tripadvisor are horrible. We decided that even if we went there and loved it we wouldn't risk putting our family and friends at a resort with such bad reviews. But, we didn't see it for ourselves.

MP - I just posted to you in another thread that I thought it was about 15 minutes from the hotel zone. They are plenty of MP brides that can give you more info. They had a nice beach suitable for a wedding.

Dreams - They do have a beach that would be big enough for a wedding, but I"m not sure if anyone has wed there or not.

JW/Casa Magna - both are beautiful hotels. JW is the nicer of the two and will most likely be more expensive. CM feels a bit more laid back. When we were there, neither had much beach though.

If you email the resorts, they will be very honest with you about whether or not they can accomodate a beach wedding. (At least they were in my experience.) Those that lost their beach in the last hurricane season very quickly told me that they couldn't accomodate a beach wedding. I'm not sure when you're getting married, but keep in mind that another hurricane season is approaching and even those hotels with a beach right now may lost it. sad.gif

You will probably have time to visit all of those in one weekend if it will set your mind at ease. We ran around like idiots on our site visit weekend, and we visited lots of sites and had dinners at potential rehearsal dinner locations.

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll fall in love with one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica&Adam View Post
Hi lovely ladies!! I am a Noobie trying to plan out my site visit, and I need help desperately! I want to narrow it down to my top 3, but I can't seem to do so. I leave for Cancun in 3 weeks and I'll only be there for a few days so I am really starting to stress out! sad.gif

As of right now I am debating on the following:

Fiesta Americana Condesa

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort

Westin (I haven't heard much at all on this property!)

Moon Palace (is this even close to Cancun? If not I will need to rule it out)

Dreams (Has anyone wed on the beach there? The gazebo is beautiful but I really want a beach wedding, yet I haven't seen any pics of one)

JW Marriott/Casa Magna Marriott (which is better?!)

Paradisus RM Cancun

Can anyone help me? The wedding will be small, with about 30 guests. I must must must have a ceremony on the beach (so its important to me that the beach is nice), and am pretty open about the reception location as long as it has nice views of the sea and a dance floor. I have younger siblings so it must be 'teen'/child friendly. I want a nice place that is unique, where my guests will enjoy their 'mini-vacation'. Are there any of these I should cross off my list, or any that I should definitely keep for my Top 3?

I'M SO CONFUSED!! sad.gif

We personally chose Dreams for several reasons. First it is very kid friendly. All my immediate family will be attending and that includes children. Next, it was very important to have something AI. Lastly, and most importantly, I loved the Gazebo. The location and Photos from all these beautiful brides on the forum really helped settle me on my decision choosing Dreams. There is so much on this forum, I feel like I have already went on a site visit..LOL!