Where in Maya Riviera?

chelsea21

Hi!

I am in the beginning phase of planning and have thought about Playa del Carmen as the location, however I am open to other locations. I loved PDC because of the beach, cultural aspects and people. After posting on the newbie page, I really thought about what I wanted for my wedding. So here goes!

There will probably be 50-60 guests including 4 children. They will be traveling from both coasts, West and East, mostly from California and NY. I'd like to give my guests the option to stay at various hotels in different price ranges and am not convinced that I'd like to get married at an all inclusive resort. I'd like to have a nice party including dinner and dancing after the beach ceremony. Guests have come a long way to celebrate with us and would feel badly if there wasnt a nice party for them to enjoy. I think I would need a wedding coordinator since I am thinking about a wedding not at an all inclusive. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good one in Playa del Carmen or anywhere else?

Also please let me know if I am posting this message in the wrong section!

Thanks so much for the help!!

Hi! Here is the information regarding Azul Blue. It is an all-inclusive resort. The food is great but if you have guests from other resorts, you will have to pay almost 99 dollars I think for a day pass so they can come to your wedding. They also want at least 40 percent of your guests to stay at Azul Blue.

I would suggest looking at Ceiba Del Mar. I like their wedding coordinator. Her name is Monica. YOu can e-mail her at monica@ceibadelmar.com. The resort is not all-inclusive so they are not concerned about having outside-the-resort guests. This is impt: the resort is FOR ADULTS ONLY BUT THEY WILL ALLOW CHILDREN ON THE DAY OF WEDDING.

Hi there and Welcome!!

I am the most indecisive person in the world so I have been trying to decide on a location in the Riviera Maya for about 2 months now!

There is tonnes of good info on this site. I would check out the threads in the Riviera Maya forum on why you chose the resort you did.

Having said that, a shortlist:

Riu Palace - looks lovely, but wedding coordinator can be slow, and there are not included/free wedding packages. there is a Riu next door to it that is more affordable for guests to stay at.

Moon Palace - gorgeous, more remote, well set up for easy wedding parties.

Dreams Tulum - supposed to be good for weddings, but a new resort with some construction still going on.

Grand Palladium Kanteneh or Colonial (next to each other and attached), are more affordable, but don't have good spaces for private parties.

There are lots more, but those are the ones that I have been gravitating towards.

Hope you enjoy this forum, beware, it's totally addictive! I've been away for 6 days and feel like i have missed out on everything!

I think I'm at the point where I've actually researched locations TOO MUCH.

now I'm pretty much screwed for where I want to go... one resort has the price that I like, but not the location... the other has the location that I love, but not the price... and yet another has the location and the price, but the wedding locations suck...

I've been reading Trip Advisor too much too!

maybe we'll just elope...

If anyone can lend some info...

- Looking for a large enough resort that people won't get bored

- Calm-ish beach that is clean where the kids won't get swept away in the waves

- good food and a good variety

- all inclusive if possible

- a good wedding co-ordinator

- somewhere close to Playa Del Carmen (even IN PDC would be great)

huh.gif

I know, I'm starting to give up hope that I will EVER pick a location, my fiance has given up, and won't even talk to me about it anymore!!!

Oh no oh no, I'm too indecisive, and I've been researching too much too. sad.gif

I'm just going round in circles... I've written my pros and cons list, I should just blindly pick.... and go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsieMexico View Post
I know, I'm starting to give up hope that I will EVER pick a location, my fiance has given up, and won't even talk to me about it anymore!!!

Oh no oh no, I'm too indecisive, and I've been researching too much too. sad.gif

I'm just going round in circles... I've written my pros and cons list, I should just blindly pick.... and go with it.
omg that is totally me too.

my two favs were el dorado royale and moon palace but if youre having kids, el dorado is out.

i love moon palace too, its got free tours, relatively close to the airport, free weddings, huge pool and appears to have lots to do.

my words of caution...read trip advisor to get a gestault about the resorts youre in terested in but DONT TAKE THEM AS GOSPEL. what i found is that people will complain about a LOT of s**t and go on and on about stuff and drag you into this depressed feeling about every single resort you ever read about, no matter how fabulous it is. just remember that although a lot of people who like resorts write in good comments, they tend to be short because if you love a place, you love it and thats it, but if you hate a place you tend to drone on and on and want to complain to everyone about it, so you will will get more negative info about whatever resort youre looking at. im not saying dont read it, just take it with caution. also, i think (candid) pictures tell a much better story of what things are really like and you can get an idea of how great or how dirty the beach is better than anyone can tell you.