Suggestions to avoid uninvited guests?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

I think it just depends on the people really. We've invited close friends who were planning on a holiday anyway so we incorporated it - many of them are in the forces so its a case of combining the 2 while they can.

#12 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

ya. i think if you make sure you mention that to every guest coming and write down the names of the people that will be attenting the reception taht you will be able to avoid the unwanted ones

plus you could slip two of the federales with their machine guns a few dollars to stand gaurd

#13 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for all the replies...I can see both arguments. I guess my primary concern is this one coworker of mine, who I think will want to bring another coworker I purposely didn't invite. She likes to get really drunk and embarass herself and my family is pretty low key so I was worried it would cause some drama.

#14 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by lambert13
          If I were you, I would definitely make it crystal clear. I think most people automatically assume that if they are invited to a wedding that it includes +1.

If I were invited to a co-workers wedding in another country (that I had to pay a good amount of money to get to) and was told that my wife was more than welcome to travel along with me but was not invited to the wedding.....I would 'respectfully' decline the invite.

I understand that you are putting out a lot of money for the wedding, but from the guests perspective they are putting out a lot of money to get to your wedding as well.

I am not meaning to be rude or anything here. Just some food for thought.
          Do you also have some food for my uninvited +1's thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users