Yes, its just 50% of your package to secure your date, I didn't even know how many people I would have or any of the other details that early in the process, theres no way I could have paid 1/2 of the entire thing.

With that being said, I think for everything we paid for with dreams, our package ended up being around $2600 for 25 of us? don't quote me on that, but I think that's close. We also hired an outside photographer.

Lets see if I can try and answer some of your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLIVINGSTON View Post
Hiya,

thanks so much for your reply, that makes it a bit clearer. So for 20 guests staying at the hotel the package will include the reception dinner and drinks then if there are any extra people we pay an additional charge per person even if they stay at the hotel. yes

Makes sense with the service etc we get privately for the reception.

How long do they give you for the reception? Did you have to pay for additional hours? I notice that there is a charge per person of $10 + 15% service and 10% tax per person per each additional hour for an open bar is that right? I believe this is the charge if you want to stay longer than the 3 hours allotted for your ceremony, but there is a bar right in the lobby of the tower, so you know, you could just use that one.

What package did you go for? Was there a lot included in that or was there a lot of extras you have to pay for? I chose the largest package and it included everything we needed

Sorry there are so many questions!!!!!! Thanks again for your help xxx

Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Don't get me started!! lol I'm trying to sort out my wedding for May 2009 and what started off as a reasonably decent package is blowing out of proportion. It really depends what you want, I don't think the packages are overpriced, they are very similar to every other resort that does weddings, and they do a great job. If you're planning to have a lot of guests, then yes, it is going to get expensive, but really it would be expensive any where you got married with a large group

Also be aware you have to pay 50% up front! I'm discussing that with her because I don't even know when the flights will be released from Newcastle, I think its April 2009, so this could end up costing way too much cash.

I also asked why we had to pay extra when we were AI and got the same answer as TA Jill has given you. Even so the rates per person after that are huge considering it is one menu and everyone gets the same - be aware of that! I've just had to pick the menus and unless you like sea food you are stuffed! lol they do have a buffet menu as well, which would give you more choices, I think its if you have at least 30 guests, you can do buffet

I've been told the cocktail bit is an hour and they give you 3 hours for the reception. If you want the international bar open after that yeah you have to pay the $10 + 25% per person yes, but as I mentioned above, there is a bar right in the lobby of the tower

We are going for the biggest package because of the photographs but I'm trying to clear up a few issues with that at the moment.

You'll see there are some really helpful threads about the hotel etc and it is gorgeous but keep an eye on the costs and bear in mind none of the legal fees are included so that is extra.

If there is anything else give me a shout, I've been trying to do this for a couple of months now and getting info from Claudia isn't always easy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackquack View Post
I am kind of in the same situation. My wedding is May 30,2009, but I was told that I can't get airfare until July 2008. I received the contract from Claudia stating that I need to pay 50% by May 12th. I really do not want pay anything , not knowing if I am goign to have any issues with airfare or hotel...hope that makes sense
its just 50% of the package and that is to secure your date. If you think that you may not book once you see prices, then I would probably recommend waiting until you know the prices and then pay your deposit.

Hope I answered everyones questions! Let me know if you have anymore!

I received my contract back in February but it said I did not have to pay myu deposit until the end of May and i only owe $1325 and i had LOTS of extras??

I think that if you give her your extenuating circumstances she would work with you until yuou secure your flights. I think it is all about communication. She is pretty slow to respond but always seems to get me back any information or requests i make.

Thanks for all your help!!

I'm sure i'll have more questions to come! I've contacted Claudia and let her know the situation, our travel agent has told us the earliest booking will be when the brochure for next year comes out which should be the middle of this month so not long to wait now!

I think the price of the package is reasonable, i've looked at sooo many other places and they are all pretty much the same if not dearer!!

Good advice about the lobby bar, that might be a plan for saving a wee bit of money!!!

Lol 2 scottish weddings, i've persuaded my FI not to wear a kilt, think we are now going for a nice light suit!

xx L

Thanks TA Jill - i'm hoping it will only be a couple of weeks before we know the score, really appreciate your help. Pity you didn't do services in the UK my lot I am sure are trying to make me kill myself lmao smile120.gif

Oh how I wish I could have done that lol I'm managed to persuade him bringing a proper knife (can never spell skindu?? see) lol or even a false one as i'm not getting stuck in bloody customs lol

upside is though I've said the weight will melt off him lmao he didn't take that well pmsl foshizzle.bmp

Hi All,

I have just been reading through your postings and there is some very useful info. We plan to get married July 2009, well thats if there is availability....Can someone please tell me who to get in touch with because I am also from Scotland and unable to book anything with a travel agent!!!!!

Who are you booking with in the UK?

Thanks for the great info will come in very handy.

Tracy