Guest Attire?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

• 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

I put all the info into the first edition of our newsletter, under the FAQ section. Most people understand what I mean, those that don't, I'm sure will get the "hint" before the day is here.
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#12 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

Christa, That's hilarious! I'm sure with veto power firmly in hand your mom will look great :)
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#13 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:26 AM

Also, you can post a few "crowd shots" from other people's websites (with their approval) so people can see what looks appropriate. I had several people who specifically asked me to clarify "beach chic" (older people) so I dragged out my computer and showed them what worked well.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#14 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:00 PM

Well, if you knew my mom you would understand! I love her with all my heart, but sufice to say I did not get my sense of style or love of shopping from her. She owns a horse stable, so she's always dressed like a horsey person...

#15 MARKSBRAT

• 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

The "beachy chic" and "dressy resort attire" both sound great. I've been to a couple of beach weddings and really don't remember being told anything and noone was dressed inappropriately. However, I do recall getting questions about dress shorts with a "Tommy Bahama" type shirt. That's one thing that should be clear to guests. You might want to check some hotel or cruise ship web sites to read their dress code for their nicer resturaunts. They always have good wording when it comes to appropriate attire, especially for men. They're harder to dress at a beach resort!

#16 PaulaV

• VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

I am looking into how to word this as well right now.

Anyone use anything other than those already mentioned?

#17 Lizzy

• 501 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:40 AM

My daughter is having an all white or beige/khaki wedding. I told her how Sarah had worded it for her guests, and I paraphrase, Please consider wearing white or off-white to the wedding. Is that right Sarah?
              There is no way a guest can misunderstand a request like that.

For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#18 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

You're right Lizzy. I also was doing a white/beige wedding and wanted my guests dressed appropriately. In the last line of my invitation insert that included wedding day info, it read "Please consider wearing dressy beach attire in hues of white and khaki". Everyone complied and it looked great! I have a couple snapshots of everyone on the beach in their white/beige/khaki and I LOVE the coordinated look!

Side note: We stole Tammy's phrase about the "Tommy Bahama" look being appropriate for men. Well, Jeff's dad took it literally- he thought we meant that ONLY Tommy Bahama clothing was appropriate, and literally went out and bought only TB clothing- too funny! He looked great- just probably spent a little more than he needed to, lol!

#19 But-Why

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

If you don't trust your friends and family to dress appropriately for your wedding...then why are they on the guest list?????!!!!

#20 Cherina

• Banned
                  • 636 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

On our website we requested earth tones "linen" attire but we just want a uniform look for pics

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users