Photo

Salad Dressing Questions??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:04 AM

I like balsamic and red wine vinegars. I don't usually buy dressing since I just make some up for my salads. I usually just do olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, some garlic powder and then either dill or italian seasonings. I think packaging is very important. I am more likely to try a shelf dressing if it is packaged well and is low-fat/low-cal. I am the salad maker of our family. Keep us posted on how it goes.
    http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
    Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
    Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#22 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

I chose Balsamic, but to honest, I don't think I'm familiar with the others.

I look of low cal w/ great flavor. I love ginger-soy dressing (the kind you get at Benihana).

Packaging, I don't care too much. Simple is best.

I'm a cheap-o so no more that $4.

#23 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:04 AM

1. See above for Vinegar question... Balsamic, there's just something about the flavor
        2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? Not too oily, low in fat and calories
        3. How important is packaging? Important, but simple is best IMO
        4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing? $3.50-$4.00
        5. anything else you can think of? nothing at the moment

#24 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

1. See above for Vinegar question... I love the balsamic, but rice vinegar is so fabulous
        2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? I want something familiar but unique - I love vinegrettes made with sesame oils or somthing to add a hint of difference. Also - dressings that are "overengineered" (or appear to have too much going on in the name) tend to put me off
        3. How important is packaging?Let's be honest - if I don't see it; I won't buy it. But once I've tried it and love it, you could put it in an old, beat up sports bottle and I wouldn't care.
        4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing?Anywhere from $4-$7, but I'm in Manhattan where everything is 30% more expensive
        5. anything else you can think of? Low fat/low carb is good if you can manage it without wrecking the taste.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#25 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

Alyssa,
          Good luck with your new venture. I love a good salad dressing - for some reason I'm always tempted to try a new one but always end up going back to balsamic.

2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? I don't want it to be to oily, light it's better. Also I do like a little bit of texture sometimes - like pepper.
          3. How important is packaging? Very important, I like designs that stand out from the rest. I'm most attracted to the simple but unique labels.
          4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing? I would say from $4.00 - $8.00 a bottle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users