chicken and bacon shish kabobs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear
- 2 artichokes, halved and choke scraped out
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the artichokes into the boiling water, and season with salt and pepper. Throw in half of the garlic, and half of the shallot. Boil for about 30 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted into the stem of the artichokes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat, and stir in the remaining garlic and shallot. Cook just until fragrant, then remove from the heat.
- Place the artichoke halves onto the preheated grill. Brush some of the melted butter onto them. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, brushing with butter occasionally, until lightly toasted. Serve with remaining butter as a dipping sauce.