Scared about dress...

angitalia23

I think it's natural to freak out...but I agree with the other girls that they won't care about the dress only you!

I broke the #1 rule of being a bride and I showed my fiance!!! So he has seen it, well the pics of me in it anyway. Not actually in person! I just can't keep a secret about stuff like this and I was also freaking out so I just had to do it! He likes it! wink.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitley worried. I love my dress, but then Michael and I were looking through a magazine and we came across a similar dress and he HATED it sad.gif I got so mad and totally picked a fight! Poor guy had no idea what I was on...but now I'm actually REALLY REALLY worried. I'm almost 100% positive that he's going to hate it just like he hated the picture.

They never hate it once you are in it. And quite frankly, they don't care about it all that much. It's not like he's seen you in 50 other wedding dresses that looked better on you! This is all he will ever know of you in a big white dress.

My dress was super formal, but I loved it 100%. That's all that matters. I wouldn't have the dress changed, esp if the tailor can't guarantee it will look ok afterwards.

This was just the thread I needed to read. I had nightmares all last night that he would not like my dress. I've showed him a bunch of pictures too, with the two I like in there but for some reason, he doesn't seem to know which ones he is supposed to like best! girl_werewolf.gif So this is how I feel sometime, that I'm going crazy!

It is just a dress right? I know our boys will like us in whatever, but when they choose dresses out of magazines that are the opposite of what we have, it is soooooo stressfull! I might have to break down and show him the dress if I'm going to get any sleep before the wedding!! I don't want to turn into a crazy person!

It is such a relief that there are other women out there going through this!

Thanks Ladies!thewave.gif

I think the dress is just a dress. What makes you "bridal" and special on that day is the glow in your face. So I would be surprised if FI even pays that much attention to the dress. And look at it this way, if he doesn't like it, you'll never wear it again ;-)

Yep, I agree, they have nothing else to compare it to. You pick out the dress you love and go for it. He is going to look at the dress for a minute and then the rest of the time he will be looking at you...his beautiful bride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
They never hate it once you are in it. And quite frankly, they don't care about it all that much. It's not like he's seen you in 50 other wedding dresses that looked better on you! This is all he will ever know of you in a big white dress.
My dress was super formal, but I loved it 100%. That's all that matters. I wouldn't have the dress changed, esp if the tailor can't guarantee it will look ok afterwards.
offtopic2.gif, but I really loved your dress Kate!