Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Saraha

I Gotta Personal Question/Problem ~ Women

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I think it helps when you can embrace and laugh at the parts of sex as a grownup that aren't super cool. For example, when DH and I were in college we could lock ourselves in his room for an entire weekend and never leave. You order food, stay naked the whole time, etc. As grownups that doesn't happen. We have to put up a baby gate to keep the dogs out of our room because our master suite is the 3rd floor and there is no door. And then we have to get up and go to the grocery or we'll have no food for the week. And then there is the laundry. How hot is it to say "should we feed the dogs first?" then put up a gate so you can have sex? It's not - but we've learned to laugh about it.

I have the same issues as most women. Going off BC has helped for me, even if it's only a placebo. I hated being on the pill so much that I will find any reason to stay off. I have noticed a change though. Also, sometimes you just have to jump him (even if you don't feel like it.) Once you get started and the...ahem...ball is in your court it all falls into place. If you tell youself you are a super hot badass and keep that in your head when to go at it, you will start to believe it. It may be acting at first, but go with it.

You are too funny.

I agree, fake being a super hot badass & you will start to feel like one.

Martha, I think your text idea is great. Mike doesnt have text messaging though. maybe I should get it for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
You are too funny.

I agree, fake being a super hot badass & you will start to feel like one.

Martha, I think your text idea is great. Mike doesnt have text messaging though. maybe I should get it for him.
yeah that is a good idea but if I started texting kevin some crazy messages he would have thought my phone got stolen. LOL so out of my nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also had an idea yesterday. There are certain songs that remind of of special times that get me in the mood. I plan on making a CD for the honeymoon. I can bust out the honeymoon cd whenever we get back for something to set the mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I also had an idea yesterday. There are certain songs that remind of of special times that get me in the mood. I plan on making a CD for the honeymoon. I can bust out the honeymoon cd whenever we get back for something to set the mood.
There ya go! Gotta get the mood right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, BC can really affect your hormones :) I was on Yaz for 2 months (late last year) and once I got off them, I could feel the change. Stress affects me too. I really can't get in the mood if I have too much going on or am to anxious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraha View Post
There ya go! Gotta get the mood right!
Our mood music is anything by ATB (techno). We listened to that CD a lot on a hot vacation. I'm working on composing a new CD for the honeymoon.

I really have to work at it to keep things out of a rut too. I'm a rut maker by nature. I don't think it's really easy for anyone to keep things spicy over the years. But, it helps to commit to trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say try switching Birth Control. I had the exact same issue and at first I switched but the other kind gave me migranes so I went off it completely and it has helped.It's still not as much and as crazy as it was way back when but it is improving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really glad that this thread was started, I thought I was the only one who didn't have her mojo!! I started taking BC approx. 5-6 years ago and I know it has effected my libido. I actually decided this wknd that I was not going to renew my prescription for the BC anymore and see what happens. FI and I always had a great sex life and I want it back...lets see what happens in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would put my money on your birth control pills. I'm a sex-ed teacher (Abstinence teacher really but people always ask ?s about sex not abstinence!) and there is tons of research that shows that taking BC seriously reduces sex drive. It's ironic that you take BC to that you can have sex w/o worries but then you don't want to anymore.

 

Switching to a different prescription may help, at least for a while, but ultimately IMO (personal opinion not professional) I think it will be up to you and your FI to figure out what does excite you. Women are ovens not microwaves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I think it helps when you can embrace and laugh at the parts of sex as a grownup that aren't super cool. For example, when DH and I were in college we could lock ourselves in his room for an entire weekend and never leave. You order food, stay naked the whole time, etc. As grownups that doesn't happen. We have to put up a baby gate to keep the dogs out of our room because our master suite is the 3rd floor and there is no door. And then we have to get up and go to the grocery or we'll have no food for the week. And then there is the laundry. How hot is it to say "should we feed the dogs first?" then put up a gate so you can have sex? It's not - but we've learned to laugh about it.

I have the same issues as most women. Going off BC has helped for me, even if it's only a placebo. I hated being on the pill so much that I will find any reason to stay off. I have noticed a change though. Also, sometimes you just have to jump him (even if you don't feel like it.) Once you get started and the...ahem...ball is in your court it all falls into place. If you tell youself you are a super hot badass and keep that in your head when to go at it, you will start to believe it. It may be acting at first, but go with it.
YES! OMG, you totally hit the nail on this Kate. We can't close our bedroom door, otherwise the cat freaks out (whether she's in or out). The dog is under the covers. We have a 17 year old that thinks it's cool to just barge in. Yeah...laundry, groceries, etc....we're pretty much screwed, but in a humorous way!smile120.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×