Photo

Color Swatches?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

Where did everyone find their color swatches? Several family members want to know what color blue I am using for the wedding and I don't have anything to show them? I am absolutely clueless on where to find swatches, any suggestions?

Thank you

#2 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that any bridal shop of fabric store should be able to provide you with swatches.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

My bridal boutique gave me a fabric swatch. Since I only had 1, I went to the fabric store and bought a spool of ribbon in the closest matching shade (aqua). I also got a spool of turquoise ribbon (our accent color).

Then I made a little newsletter for my bridesmaids and close family & friends with a pice of each color. We have asked our guests to coordinate with our bridal party (if they want to) because we are taking group photos and I'd like everyone to match!

I also tend to lose things so if I can't find the swatch in my bag, etc. I can just cut a new one!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
      My bridal boutique gave me a fabric swatch. Since I only had 1, I went to the fabric store and bought a spool of ribbon in the closest matching shade (aqua). I also got a spool of turquoise ribbon (our accent color).

Then I made a little newsletter for my bridesmaids and close family & friends with a pice of each color. We have asked our guests to coordinate with our bridal party (if they want to) because we are taking group photos and I'd like everyone to match!
      Erin, that is a great idea. I'm gonna have to borrow it!

#5 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
      • 985 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

When we ordered and paid a deposit for the bridesmaids dresses the bridal store cut a swatch from the sample they had and gave it to the bride.

#6 Sherry

Sherry
        • 390 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

When I ordered my dress, the bridal salon gave me a swatch. If you've made your order already, I'll bet you could go back in and ask them for a swatch.

#7 meltanirie

meltanirie
          • 283 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

I think I may have the solution to your prob...great little site I came accross and I ordered my swatches from there. You can also get dresses too.
            http://www.jaysbrida...php?mode=search

#8 meltanirie

meltanirie
            • 283 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

I got my swatches yesterday I was very disappointed with the color and the fabric but not the service it's great and they were fast in getting the swatch to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users