Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmandaR

Sandals Brides Updates!

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies,

 

I'm also leaving next week for my 8/8/08 wedding at SDR and am starting to feel nervous and anxious.

 

I paid for the 30 minute reception (we are having a reception back at home when we return so i didnt want to spend more than that) and video......then i'm planning on taking the group (10 other people) to one of the restaurants on the resort. I'm thinking of staying away from a beach ceremony and leaning towards the wedding at one of the Gazebos. Has anyone done the going to one of the restaurants after the ceremony and order the web streams? Any other advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Has anyone done the going to one of the restaurants after the ceremony and order the web streams? Any other advice?
I haven't been there yet, but when I inquired into taking our group (12 people plus us) to one of the restaurants, they told us it can't be done because the restaurants are set up for couples...so they can't accomodate a group. Maybe one of the girls who has been there with a group can chime in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI everyone.. I have a question... am i supposed to pay Darma, the Sandals co-ordinator the $70 for my hair appointment? From what I've read.. most brides pay the hairstylist plus tip when they get there!? If I send her the payment I best ask for her to mail me a receipthuh.gif? Darma just sent me an email telling me the cost of the up-do.. (washing, drying, extra, but I wont need that) and that she can book it for me. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darma booked all of our hair appointments for us and confirmed the times. We did have to pay up front to confirm the time slot available.

 

After I paid she gave me a receipt through email and I intend on printing it out and taking it with me so no-one will have any questions.

 

For all the brides who had their hair done at Sandals did you pay upfront?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thank Melissa, Yes she first asked me to fax in the payment for the $150.00 photo package, on visa... (which now I'm thinking about cancelling.. I just don't know what to do.. I guess I'll get the 6 pics then I can always buy more on a disc...?) I faxed the form with my visa number on it.. (which always worries, me!!!) The form she emailed me to fill out and email or fax back; was password protected, so I had to print it and fax it!!

 

Then this morning she emails me and tells me SHE books the hair appointment and I pay her the $70.00. So darn, have to send another fax.. argh!!!

 

I have sent her an email asking if she got my visa# and am asking for recepts/confirmation of payment for my photos and hair.!!!

 

last think I need is to get to SGOR and there be confusion about whether I paid or not.. and charges being put on my credit card while there!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget917 View Post
I haven't been there yet, but when I inquired into taking our group (12 people plus us) to one of the restaurants, they told us it can't be done because the restaurants are set up for couples...so they can't accomodate a group. Maybe one of the girls who has been there with a group can chime in.
Bridget- Did you get this information from your wedding planner? I was considering doing something like this following our 1 hour reception but wasn't sure. Maybe it will be different since we are staying at Beaches and there will only be 8 adults including FI and I. We figured if they couldn't accomodate us we would just go off site to eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo101 View Post
HI everyone.. I have a question... am i supposed to pay Darma, the Sandals co-ordinator the $70 for my hair appointment? From what I've read.. most brides pay the hairstylist plus tip when they get there!? If I send her the payment I best ask for her to mail me a receipthuh.gif? Darma just sent me an email telling me the cost of the up-do.. (washing, drying, extra, but I wont need that) and that she can book it for me. ?
I am planning eveything through our wedding planner and making my payments through her. Luckily I have been able to send everything via email. At first I was really unhappy with my planner but lately she has been really quick in responding to questions.

I don't think anyone has brought this up before but I want everyone know that the food and flower options are flexible and you don't have to stick to the options written out.

For instance: We requested a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and white icing and were told they could do that. This is the one thing FI wanted so I am SO HAPPY they were able to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa G View Post
Darma booked all of our hair appointments for us and confirmed the times. We did have to pay up front to confirm the time slot available.

After I paid she gave me a receipt through email and I intend on printing it out and taking it with me so no-one will have any questions.

For all the brides who had their hair done at Sandals did you pay upfront?
We paid upfront for EVERYTHING. If they don't request payment, or you know you didn't pay for something, make sure you do because otherwise it's likely not to be booked for you. This happened with us and massages we wanted, although I think it was an issue with our TA and not Sandals.

A couple of weeks before we left I requested a receipt from Darma indicating everything that had been bought and paid for. I printed it out along with every email correspondence to make sure we would get everything we arranged for. In the end we had zero problems and didn't even need to reference the receipt or emails. Better to be safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Bridget- Did you get this information from your wedding planner? I was considering doing something like this following our 1 hour reception but wasn't sure. Maybe it will be different since we are staying at Beaches and there will only be 8 adults including FI and I. We figured if they couldn't accomodate us we would just go off site to eat.
Yup, that's what Darma (the WC) told me when I asked her...that it just wasn't possible. However, if you are going to be at Beaches I would think you'd have a better chance of eating together, since it is set up more for families already. I'd just ask your WC and see what they have to say!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, as unbelievable as it seems to me I'm leaving on Tuesday morning! We're actually heading to Pittsburgh on Monday evening and we fly out to Jamaica around 7am! Our wedding is Saturday at noon! I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to check in, but I wanted to thank you all for your advice and for answering so many questions for me! I'll check in when I get home! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • When it comes to your Wedding Clothes, it's pretty normal to be flooded by numerous choices that are available in the market like clothing style, pattern, fabric, and colors.  Absolutely, I liked this dress and I will never miss wearing this outfit for the wedding. Thank you for sharing this post.
    • Hi guys! Thank you for sharing the valuable information. Some students think, “How do I write my book review?” and are confused by this sort of task, and others are happy to do it and enjoy the writing process a lot. Such a difference in perception and attitudes is caused by the ambivalence of this task.
    • Hi All, I have just gotten in touch with a TA and we are in the process of getting quotes for our wedding in either DR or Mexico. Now she said something that I wasn't  aware of and I wonder how others handled this as I just can't believe that we are the only one in this situation. We feel we are asking our guests already a for a lot to come a long way to our wedding (our guests come from Canada and Germany) and there are a few that wouldn't want to miss it (like my partner's brother) but they just don't have a lot of money. Our budget doesn't allow us to chip in for flights and accommodation so we are basically asking everyone to save up money for our big event. Now we are planning the wedding at a resort that I know some of our guests can't (or don't want to) pay for. We were hoping to find a place where guests have the option to book themselves a cheaper hotel or an AirBnB nearby and only come to our wedding. Our TA told us that the resort might not allow that or only for a limited percentage of our guests. That is terrible news for us! I think that a good 50% of our guests will also stay at the resort for one, two or even three weeks but how can we 'force' other people to stay at the hotel of OUR choice?  I get that the resort would charge a fee for day guests and obviously we expect to pay for food and drinks but I didn't know that we would have to agree to a certain percentage of the guests staying at the resort. I don't feel we have control over that. How do others handle that?
    • Getting married in 10/2020, anyone had a recent wedding here? Asking for some help
    • Hi, I know prices change year to year- Anyone have 2019 or possibly 2020 prices? 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...