Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmandaR

Sandals Brides Updates!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedra27 View Post
Hello, Did any of you rent a cabana around the pool? From what I hear they are $100/day and you get a special menu with lunch and dinner in the cabana. I'm wondering if the food is even any different and it the cabana is worth it. Thanks
We didn't rent a cabana, but seriously thought about it. They looked like a great way to spend the day by the pool. They have fans, robes, really comfy looking chairs. I'm not sure how the food is, but I'd bet it's just a step up from the grill food. I'd say go ahead and splurge for a day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll definetly have to consider it. One more question (for now)! Did they provide lots of hangers for your clothing? I don't want to pack any if they have them provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedra27 View Post
We'll definetly have to consider it. One more question (for now)! Did they provide lots of hangers for your clothing? I don't want to pack any if they have them provided.
Yah, there were hangers in the closets. You should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedra27 View Post
We'll definetly have to consider it. One more question (for now)! Did they provide lots of hangers for your clothing? I don't want to pack any if they have them provided.
I usually hagn everything up so no there were not enough hangers for me. I did bring some from home though (6 or7) and there are were like 4 huge drawers in our room so I did fold some stuff.

One thing those going soon might want to think about is how or if you are going to call home. We had a lot of trouble with this. 800 numbers do not work in Jamica! We were not able to check our checking account or even our credit card balances (BWT no ATM at the resort). I also have kids and wanted to talk to them so the calling cards we bought did not work. We ended up buying them in the gift shop fo $20 and all we were able to do was call the credit card, the bank and home once and then it was used up so I called the main desk and got the number for people to call in and used our credit card to call home (for a 1 minute call it cost us $10!!!!). I had my parents who were babysiting call every evening and it only cost us $12 for 4 several minute phone calls on our home bill. I wish we would have just had them call us in the first place! I was told not to call home collect cause it would cost a fortune and our friends were planning using thier verizon cell phone but they were not able to call out. They could recive calls though. It was $1.50 a minute for thier calls. I just thought I would pass this info on to everyone. I wish I would have known it before going. Between getting cash and calling home, it was a big headach! Everything else was perfect though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisandsteph View Post
One thing those going soon might want to think about is how or if you are going to call home. We had a lot of trouble with this. 800 numbers do not work in Jamica! We were not able to check our checking account or even our credit card balances (BWT no ATM at the resort). I also have kids and wanted to talk to them so the calling cards we bought did not work. We ended up buying them in the gift shop fo $20 and all we were able to do was call the credit card, the bank and home once and then it was used up so I called the main desk and got the number for people to call in and used our credit card to call home (for a 1 minute call it cost us $10!!!!). I had my parents who were babysiting call every evening and it only cost us $12 for 4 several minute phone calls on our home bill. I wish we would have just had them call us in the first place! I was told not to call home collect cause it would cost a fortune and our friends were planning using thier verizon cell phone but they were not able to call out. They could recive calls though. It was $1.50 a minute for thier calls. I just thought I would pass this info on to everyone. I wish I would have known it before going. Between getting cash and calling home, it was a big headach! Everything else was perfect though!

We used our cell phones throughout our trip and we fretted over what the bill would be once we returned! LOL! We had guests calling us, venders (Lee's Tours, and my photographer) and everyone else under the sun! We kept trying to keep calls to a minimum, but in the end just saw it as a necessary evil. I just got my bill from that time period and the roaming charges were $245! (I use TMobile) I haven't seen hubby's bill yet! (He's with Sprint!)

Another option that may be useful that was shared with us wayyy too late was to buy a local SIM card and insert it into your phone. That way you would avoid roaming charges. SIM cards costed about $16. Anyone trying to work out their communication issues may want to consider this option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieBride08 View Post
We used our cell phones throughout our trip and we fretted over what the bill would be once we returned! LOL! We had guests calling us, venders (Lee's Tours, and my photographer) and everyone else under the sun! We kept trying to keep calls to a minimum, but in the end just saw it as a necessary evil. I just got my bill from that time period and the roaming charges were $245! (I use TMobile) I haven't seen hubby's bill yet! (He's with Sprint!)

Another option that may be useful that was shared with us wayyy too late was to buy a local SIM card and insert it into your phone. That way you would avoid roaming charges. SIM cards costed about $16. Anyone trying to work out their communication issues may want to consider this option.

Wow that is crazy that you had to spend that much and yes I understand it was necessary! I mean you have to been able to communicate. Right before we left for Jamaica our cell phone was left in the rain. No one was to blame really, it just happen. (ok I admit it, I did it...lol) And we only have one since I do not work. It works out ok. I guess it was a blessing cause we would have been on it more and racked up high bill too! Ours is Cingular Wirless and I did not even check on their rates.
The SIM card is a great idea though. It would have saved you a ton I am sure!

I have a question how much did you tip all the various drivers? Did you go to Margaritaville that night that it was Sandals night? We did and we had this horrible bus driver. He demanded a tip and was rude when people handed him a 10. He reminded then that that was how he made his living and he did not get paid by anyone to drive the bus that night. We gave him 20 cause we had no change. I would have gave him no more than 10 if we had change! I had the money issue there. We had soooo much trouble getting cash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, we never did Margaritaville. We went to the Jubilee though. We decided to skip the 'Ville cuz we weren't in the mood for clubbing and that's how we kept hearing people describe that particular trip.

 

The business with the driver was craziness though! They can't brow-beat someone into giving a tip, come on! LOL! fencing.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisandsteph View Post
I have a question how much did you tip all the various drivers? Did you go to Margaritaville that night that it was Sandals night? We did and we had this horrible bus driver. He demanded a tip and was rude when people handed him a 10. He reminded then that that was how he made his living and he did not get paid by anyone to drive the bus that night. We gave him 20 cause we had no change. I would have gave him no more than 10 if we had change! I had the money issue there. We had soooo much trouble getting cash!
Yikes! That's scary. Now I'm wondering if we should even leave the resort at all. I was thinking Margaritaville would be a fun trip for our crew but now I have second thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Yikes! That's scary. Now I'm wondering if we should even leave the resort at all. I was thinking Margaritaville would be a fun trip for our crew but now I have second thoughts.
Don't worry, that was just a special trip coordinated by Sandals and Margaritaville. They wanted to try to get several SGOR guests over there for a special "Sandals Night" that was planned for resort guests. If you plan your own trip to Margaritaville, I don't think you would have the same experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the resorts have a Margarittaville night. Margarittaville provides the driver to get people there- the $20 tip was definately overkill- it's not that far of a drive! Definately don't let it scare you out of having a good time there!

 

Depending on how many guests you have you may want to make it a group excursion and have your own driver take all of you over & back. It's a lot of fun to go during that day when a cruise ship is in ( crowded and busy too!) but it can get hopping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • My daughter is getting married in Punta Cana on May 23rd, 2020. The hotel is charging a fortune for centerpieces that I can make it easily. I need a contact of wholesale florist please. To buy directly. If anyone could help I appreciate
    • Hello Vernicula - Congratulations on your engagement! I agree with everything MarieSam previously posted. One of the most important things when choosing an agent is there experience and their level of  expertise with destinations and resorts.  All of the Wright Travel agents have years of experience working with wedding groups, we have built excellent relationships with many resorts and we have visited, toured and stayed at many resorts in several different  destinations.  Email is one way of communication so you have everything in writing and can access this a anytime, but phone calls can be just as useful. Our goal is to make sure all of your questions are answered from beginning to end and we are happy to set up a phone call whenever you would like. Some couples prefer to only communicate via email and others also want that reassuring voice with a phone call. We can do whatever works best for each coiple.  Please let us know what questioned 
    • When it comes to having a destination wedding, I think the first and most important step is contacting an experienced travel agent who can help guide you to the perfect location and destination resort to host your festivities. This forum/website is actually owned and operated by Wright Travel Agency, which specializes in destination weddings and honeymoons. Wright Travel's team of agents have helped thousands of couples plan their dream weddings for more than a decade. This agency does NOT charge any fees to use their services so they're such a great help and resource for couples, but most importantly, their agents are experts when it comes to destination locations and properties. And they can guide you to the perfect location and resort to fit your needs and price point range. I strongly encourage you to contact Wright Travel at info@wrighttravelagency.com or you can fill out the contact form here: https://www.wrighttravelagency.com/destination-weddings/ Also you can view reviews from past couples who have used Wright Travel here: https://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/p/21494-wright-travel-agency-destination-wedding-and-honeymoon-specialists/ And lastly, here's an article on 10 reasons why you should use Wright Travel:  I hope that helps you a little as you begin your search for the perfect location for your destination wedding! This website is also a great source of ideas, insight and guidance as you plan your wedding. Best of luck 😉    
    • Hello!! My fiancé and I are planning on a destination wedding and we are wondering if there are any recommendations for a travel agency to use. I’ve emailed some I found online, but find it tough just communicating through email before we decide where to book. After we book, obviously email is convenient! We are in the Niagara Falls On area and would love to sit and meet with someone but don’t know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you  
    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...