Sign in to follow this  
AmandaR

Sandals Brides Updates!

I am not doing a real reception at the resort because I am having a large one at home this summer (thanks to my mom and dad...lol). We are actually just going to do the night time party cruise that evening. There are just 6 of total that will be there so I felt I should concentrate more on the AHR. I know Iriebride is definatly going off site to do it and I think that is a great idea. I would have trouble paying the $75 for a meal at a resort that is "all-inclusive". I have the same problem with the $150 candlelight dinner they keep trying to push! Why would I want to spend that much for a meal that I have already paid for when I purchased the trip? Just doesn't make sence to me. It is supposed to be more romantic but any trip without kids is romantic enough for me..lol (I have a 2 year old) Can anyone tell I am just feeling pissy todayhuh.gif LOL I think it is just the big day closing in on me!

Have any of the Sandals brides heard from Darma lately? I emailed her last Monday, and didn't hear anything back. Then I emailed her again this morning, and still nothing...

I have still herd nothing. At one time I herd she was pregnant but not sure if that was the case or not or how far along she was when I herd that. It was like 2 or 3 months ago I think. Maybe she had the baby? But wouldn't Sandal have a replacement? I'm not sure though. I would love to know what is going on. I have emailed 3 times and called twice. I am tying to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisandsteph View Post
I have still herd nothing. At one time I herd she was pregnant but not sure if that was the case or not or how far along she was when I herd that. It was like 2 or 3 months ago I think. Maybe she had the baby? But wouldn't Sandal have a replacement? I'm not sure though. I would love to know what is going on. I have emailed 3 times and called twice. I am tying to be patient.
OMG - if Darma's pregnant, that's too funny bc my TA was pregnant and just went out on leave a couple weeks ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteff2001 View Post
Have any of the Sandals brides heard from Darma lately? I emailed her last Monday, and didn't hear anything back. Then I emailed her again this morning, and still nothing...
She emailed me yesterday to thank me for sending in my guestlist. Why don't you try to call her?

Just an FYI that I emailed Darma to get a list of from her of everything that has been confirmed for our wedding and she sent me a detailed invoice. It is so nice to see everything listed (including price) in one place!

I don't understand why I am not hearing from her. I guess no news is good newshuh.gif I am actually pretty frustrated about it. I called again on Monday and emailed her yesterday so if do not hear anything by Mondays I am calling Sandals. I have really been busy and have just been putting off calling them but next week should be slower.

I have a few questions I was hoping maybe somebody here could answer...sorry if they've been asked before! I tried to search around but didn't see these!

Are you allowed to take your own cake topper and toasting glasses?

Is the sand ceremony part of the regular ceremony or is that a special request? Can you even do that at SGOR?

What about receptions? I think we're planning to do the upgrade to the hour long reception with hot and cold hor d'ouvres, but it seemed strange to pay more money for the same food...especially when we're having a large reception when we return. What's everyone else doing? Can we make group reservations at one of the restaurants?

I'm trying to get as many details in order as I can and I keep thinking of more questions as I go!!!

Bridget

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget917 View Post
I have a few questions I was hoping maybe somebody here could answer...sorry if they've been asked before! I tried to search around but didn't see these!

Are you allowed to take your own cake topper and toasting glasses?

Is the sand ceremony part of the regular ceremony or is that a special request? Can you even do that at SGOR?

What about receptions? I think we're planning to do the upgrade to the hour long reception with hot and cold hor d'ouvres, but it seemed strange to pay more money for the same food...especially when we're having a large reception when we return. What's everyone else doing? Can we make group reservations at one of the restaurants?

I'm trying to get as many details in order as I can and I keep thinking of more questions as I go!!!

Bridget
Hi Bridget!

To help answer your questions:

Yes, you can take your own cake topper and toasting glasses. I don't have a cake topper, but I do have a cake server set and toasting glasses that I'm taking with us. I also made programs that I am taking along as well.

The sand ceremony isn't part of the regular ceremony, but it can be added if you request it. You will just have to provide your own supplies. There's no cost to add the sand ceremony, per Darma. We're adding this to our ceremony, along with the Blessing of the Hands reading.

We're having a 1 hour private cocktail reception with hot and cold hor d'ouvres. How many guests do you have? We only have 10 guests, including ourselves, so the $25 price tag per person isn't bad especially considering you get a private location and bar only for your guests for that amount of time. We're not having an AHR, so our reception at Sandals is our only post-wedding celebration. However, we didn't see the point in paying more $$$ for more time and a full dinner. With our wedding being at 1 pm, we figure that everyone will be heading back to their respective resorts around dinner time.

I hope that helps!