Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AmandaR

Sandals Brides Updates!

Recommended Posts

Question for you ladies that have been married at SGOR already--we are doing the one hour hot/cold hor d'ouvre reception. We're not paying for any extra entertainment like steel drum band, dj, etc. Was there a cd player accessible so that we could bring our own music to play "in the background"? Also, Darma mentioned something on the phone about sending me pictures of reception sites...I knew we picked our wedding location, but do you actually pick your reception site as well? Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What wedding site are you going with? I did not choose mine but was happy with it cause it was out of the way. Unless someone had had a reception there I don't think anyone would know to look up on that balcony. We were all about the privacy..lol I just did not like the idea of us being in formal wear and having someone hanging out in the same area with a swimsuit and wet hair. It would have made me feel overdressed.

I know there was a reception going on the italian resturant while we were there but I did not see the bride or groom at all. It looked like it was all inside.

About the music, have you thought about and ipod and one those small ipod players? My step-daughter has one and it is small enough she takes with her alot. There was a cd player that they played while I walked down the isle (song choices are limited) and it was also used for the first dance but other than that I am not sure I noticed weather or not it was on or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a portable Ipod player to play for our dinner. It is really nice, small, and has a 10 hour rechargable battery. It is a Logi-Tech Pure FI Anywhere Speakers for I-Pod. It does not have a cd player.

 

Darma said there is a CD player available for the ceremony so I don't see why they wouldn't let you use it during the reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls :) I contemplated the Ipod idea--I just hate to spend more money right now. It seems like there is constantly money going out for something! Maybe I'll check with Darma about the CD Player--I kind of thought the same thing, if they have it there for our first dance, then I'd think it would be available the whole hour. I really like the garden gazebo area--I'm just wondering with getting married at noon if it would be too hot to have the reception there (we were thinking most likely the Reef Terrace for the wedding). It would make for some beautiful photo backdrops though, so maybe everyone will just have to suffer LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the reef terrace too. I think that is where we will get married. I asked if we could have our reception out there, but because our wedding is at 4pm the Reef terrace restaurant will be open. So she said we could probably not have it there.

 

Also, I think it may still be hot outside!! We will want some AC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget917 View Post
Thanks girls :) I contemplated the Ipod idea--I just hate to spend more money right now. It seems like there is constantly money going out for something! Maybe I'll check with Darma about the CD Player--I kind of thought the same thing, if they have it there for our first dance, then I'd think it would be available the whole hour. I really like the garden gazebo area--I'm just wondering with getting married at noon if it would be too hot to have the reception there (we were thinking most likely the Reef Terrace for the wedding). It would make for some beautiful photo backdrops though, so maybe everyone will just have to suffer LOL!
They should have a CD player for you. I got married at the Reef Terrace and we used one for our ceremony. I'm sure they'll let you use it for your reception as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa G View Post
I love the reef terrace too. I think that is where we will get married. I asked if we could have our reception out there, but because our wedding is at 4pm the Reef terrace restaurant will be open. So she said we could probably not have it there.

Also, I think it may still be hot outside!! We will want some AC!
I got married at the Reef Terrace and it was beautiful. If you want a reception option with AC, you should consider having it at San Genarro's. The backdrop with the ocean is stunning and it is a fully enclosed private area with AC. smile72.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget917 View Post
Question for you ladies that have been married at SGOR already--we are doing the one hour hot/cold hor d'ouvre reception. We're not paying for any extra entertainment like steel drum band, dj, etc. Was there a cd player accessible so that we could bring our own music to play "in the background"? Also, Darma mentioned something on the phone about sending me pictures of reception sites...I knew we picked our wedding location, but do you actually pick your reception site as well? Thanks :)
We did the one hour hot/cold hor d'ouvre reception and didn't pay for additional entertainment. Our WC brought over a CD player for our first dance and father/daughter dance, and since the reception is only an hour, I don't think it'd be a problem keeping it for the entire time. I actually don't even remember if there was music playing except for the dances - I was too in love to notice blush2.gif

I think you do get to pick your reception site as well. Depending on where you're getting married, some wedding sites have adjacent reception sites, which makes for a smooth transition.

Beware that the one hour reception goes really quickly by the time you do toasts, dances, and mingle with your guests. Since we had a small group, we all went to the Riviera building lobby and relaxed and had some drinks following the reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridget- While I was there I tried the best I could to scope out all the wedding sites. I hated going down there and really not knowing what to expect so I took pics of what I could for you ladies..lol To be honest with you I have no idea where the Garden Gazebo is. I think it might be on the Manor side next to the huge Gazebo. In that case the oceanview is not as impressive. The Reef Gazbo offers a great view and also the pier is really cool too. If my husband wasn't so damn shy I might have suggest the gazebo on the pier. I saw a wedding there and it was very pretty with a great view!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies!!

I've been a member of the forum for a while now, but as I don't have my own wedding to plan for (yet! lol) I thought I might join up on this thread as a bridesmaid of a bride who is getting married at the Sandals Negril on January 5th 2009. She's a super-busy gal who doesn't have much free time to do any research so I am going to be helping her out as much as I can!

I hope you guys don't mind me joining up on this chat so I might be able to get some more info for her! :)

(I'm gonna go back & read through all the pages before I ask any questions so I don't bother anyone with things that have already been answered)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! I'm leaving next week for my Sandals DR vow renewal. I have some last minute jitters. Did any of you visit Sandals DR while you were there? Did you scout out the wedding locations? Any suggestions on the best one?

 

I'm also considering getting the video. How did your videos turn out? Is it worth the money?

 

Also, did anyone do the sand ceremony or write their own vows? How does Sandals feel about these types of add-ons?

 

I made the hanging orchids that many brides on this site have used. I was told that the hotel will hang them for us for a fee. Did anyone else do the same?

 

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×