Photo

can't wait for the riviera maya

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cariandnick

cariandnick
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

i've been reading this fabulous forum for several days now (just got engaged!) and there is SO much helpful info from everyone! we want to get married in the riviera maya but are feeling a little overwhelmed with all the different resorts...i'm just going to have to read on to help narrow things down i guess!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

Welcome! I think that's a great place to start - just start reading on the different places in the RM, and see what you're drawn to. Personally I found that making a list of all of the places helped (me and my lists!) and then writing notes about each one. I found it easier to go over with that way with my FI.

Also, there are a lot of girls on this forum that can help - it's more active here during the work week - but they're sure to offer some advice. What are you looking for? What's your budget, how many people do you expect? Would you like all-inclusive? Adult only or family friendly? If you give us some more information, we can suggest some different places.

Happy planning!

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

Welcome Carrie, I'm getting married in Cancun at a non AI resort.. let me know if I can help you!!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

welcome to the forum cari! i think it is so normal to have these feeling when you first plan a destination wedding. Also, there are so many great resorts in the riviera maya so that makes it harder.

take your time picking a resort and let us know how we can help!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          Welcome! I think that's a great place to start - just start reading on the different places in the RM, and see what you're drawn to. Personally I found that making a list of all of the places helped (me and my lists!) and then writing notes about each one. I found it easier to go over with that way with my FI.

Happy planning!
          hehehehehe I love lists. I make so many lists even my lists get confusing!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. My advice would be to Narrow down a few of your favorite resorts based on your criteria and then start comparing their wedding packages and asking questions on the forum. We love to help if we can.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:46 AM

Welcome Cari! Just keep reading about different places at your chosen location. Take notes and just wait for one of them to feel "right" for you. Take your time, making your location decision is just about the most important decision you will make. Let us know if you have any questions!

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

Welcome-I am sure you will find tons of great info here.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users