Photo

Deciding on bridesmaids' dresses (poll)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry

Sherry
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

I think we've narrowed down the bridesmaids dresses to two. I posted them on my blog already, but then decided I would get more feedback here, plus I could do a poll, which sounded like fun!

Here's the first one:

Click the image to open in full size.

and the second one:

They will be in this chocolate brown colour. I kind of like the first one better, but I think both my bridesmaids' prefer the second one. Of course, they won't come out and say it because they're both being great bridesmaids and want to leave it up to me! To be honest, I think the two dresses are so similar, that I'm thinking about just telling them to each choose whichever one they prefer. If they want to choose the same one or each pick different ones, I don't think I really care too much.

What do you guys think, the first one, the second one, or let the bridesmaids choose whichever one each of them likes?

#2 Bride010101

Bride010101
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

I personally really like the 1st one!

But if you are willing to be flexible I think it would be nice to let them choose. They are both pretty similar and very cute... so letting the girls choose which one they would be most comfortable in would be nice.

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

I voted for the 2nd one, but only b/c i think that neckline is more flattering on most people and I don't know what your BMs look like/shaped like. But both are really elegant looks!
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

I like the first. If you like them both, I think letting them pick is great.

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

i love both of those dresses - i would let them choose whichever they like better - the dresses are so similar in style - i can't seeing it being a problem at all!

where are those dresses from? i may want to get one just to have :)

#6 Sharonie

Sharonie
            • 557 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

If you like them both, why not let them pick their own? They're very similar anyway..

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                i love both of those dresses - i would let them choose whichever they like better - the dresses are so similar in style - i can't seeing it being a problem at all!

the 2nd looks like a j crew BM dress I've seen. My friend has it & she was really uncomfortable with the deep v neckline. She's pretty modest. Another reason why letting them pick is a great idea.

#8 nylalany

nylalany
                • 625 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

I had my bridesmaids try on all the styles of espresso dresses from JCrew in silk chiffon and espresso. Since they are different than your styles, I can't totally comment, but even though I had picked JCrew so that they can pick different styles, but they all ended up with the same style - Sophia silk chiffon - for their 4 different body types! The 2nd one you have there looks like the Sophia - is it the Janey? Either way, that style looks best on people. I do love the first style though :). Maybe you can let them wear either one?

#9 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
                  • 684 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

they are both really cute! and I think it would look great if you had different kinds in the wedding. Let them choose and if they both wear the same, great and if different, thats great too.

#10 Sherry

Sherry
                    • 390 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alyssa

They're both from J. Crew. The first one is the Cotton Cady Lydia and the second one is the Janey. I'm thinking about ordering the first one for myself in another colour too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users