Hello,

How much is to much to ask guests to pay to come to your wedding in Mexico? We are looking at Playa Fiesta in October which usually is low season but for 2009 they raised the prices so now it is the same as high season. The rate for 5 nights is $1540 per couple plus tax and room service fees (27%). This includes all breakfasts, 3 nights dinner, two evenings of entertainment and open bar during the visit. I have no idea what flights are going to cost... waiting on that. Is this too much? I am worried that some of my good friends may not be able to make it.

Suggestion or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Before I had done any research planning our wedding, I would say yea, that is a lot of money. But now that I have crunched numbers for a wedding in Mexico, I don't think it is that bad. It comes out to $154 per person per night. The all inclusive places that we are looking at are up to $200 per person per night. We are also considering some non-AI places, because it is a lot of money. I really like Playa Fiesta, but it is the minimum night stay that ruled it out for us. I say if your guests can come for that long, then go for it. I have never read one bad thing about it!

That's really not that bad...our guests are going to be paying up to $1200 per person (not including airfair) for 4 nights. But we are getting married in high season.

We're going in late Sept. of this year and it's costing us about $1100 each for 4 nights (including airfair and all taxes).

Hope that helps.

I guess it sounds high to me. We are staying at an AI for 10 days and or rates for 2 adults and 2 kids including airfare was $4,300 (or close to it)

We are going in low season so maybe that's why.

We got a rate of $800 for a 3 night 4 day at an AI for our guests. I have only heard one complaint from one person - but I kicked her out of my wedding party so it doesn't matter anyway.

Sounds reasonable to me. Most of my guests paid $1500 each for 7 days at an AI including airfare. You said $1500 per couple not including airfare right? I think that's a great deal, plus Playa Fiesta is totally exclusive right? It will only be your wedding party? I love all the pictures of the resort.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics