Photo

Wedding/Bride T-Shirts Vent

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dgsjsu

dgsjsu
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

So, I have finally realized something that really frustrates me. I have been looking to purchase a Bride Tank Top/T-Shirt just about anything. That comes in my size. I am about REG. size L to XL. When I have made purchases the size XL is about a Small-Med. I just don't get it. I wish that I was not this large near the time of my wedding but I am trying to lose weight and it is really depressing not to be able to find a shirt that is in my size.

Does anyone know of a company that caters for a Plus-Size Women or has true sizing?

Sorry for the vent but I just don't understand....Maybe I should start my own business.

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

have you tried cafe press? You can pick any design on a variety of styles to get something more true-to-size. Bride T-Shirts and Gifts : CafePress.com : Shop Over 150 Million Unique Products

#3 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

I'm more like a 2XL and that's one of the things I was dreading...because I know most of the "cute" wedding things aren't in my size.

However, my sisters best friend is GREAT with iron ons and the beadazzler and we're going to have her make me a few things in shirts I pick, that fit me (they'll probably end up being cheaper too).

Just an idea....
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

ARGH! I am so with you on this. At Old Navy I can buy any ladies shirt in a size L, but any place you have custom orders made, in the ladies sizes, they are so freakin small! Even when you go to places like Disneyland, Las Vegas or wherever and you want to buy a souvenier t-shirt, unless it's the "unisex" Hanes Beefy-T style, they all run so freakin small! Not fair! Even when I was 10 years younger and 30 lbs smaller, they were always too short (I was never a tummy bearing kind of girl).
        So freakin' frustrating!

#5 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Yeah Cafepress is good on their sizing, I have had good luck with them.

#6 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

I am feeling the exact same way! I have been online all night looking for cute bridal tees for my BD photos!!! I ended up getting it from Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers, Monogram Cake Toppers, Crystal Cake Letters, Bride T-Shirts, Flower Girl Dresses I had to get a freakin 2L and add $2 to it! Can you believe that? Im sorry if my boobs are huge!

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

I don't have additional advice but I know how you feel! We got personalized t's for my bachelorette party. One company had a 2XL that would fit a 10-12! WTF? I'm usually a medium or large because I have a small frame and huge boobies!

#8 BillysBride

BillysBride
              • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Well, good to know I'm not alone. Never thought I was, but its good to get all this validation!

JamaicaBride- I have seen the EXACT same thing. I usually buy a L straight off the rack and it fits fine, but the very first internet search I did (couple weeks ago) for wedding tees, I found out I'd have to get a 2X, COMPLETELY leaving out the girls in my wedding party who are larger than me. Its insane. And they wonder why women have such body image issues.

Oh, and try here: Plus Size Wedding Party Attire - Bride T-Shirts, Wedding T-Shirts, Bridesmaid T-Shirts, Bride Tank Tops, Bridesmaid Tanks
                They aren't too far off the mark. They go up to a 3X which is a 22/24. I'm planning to buy my girl's shirts from here since they have the full range of sizes we need.
                Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#9 dgsjsu

dgsjsu
                • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:37 AM

Thank you everyone for the information. It is great to be able to go on here and have someone to vent to because I think my FI is tired of hearing it.

#10 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

you're not alone. My girls rarely fit into normal size L. Such is life, though, because my FI loves "the girls".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users