Which make-up to buy?

I wore bare minerals on my wedding day and my photos didn't have any problems with the SPF in it. There was no way I was going on the beach in the sun without SPF anyways. Just to let you know you'll be fine!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to avoid Sephora like the plague because I was completely convinced the place was a rip off. I was forced to go there for my wedding as I needed someone to tell me how to do certain things as I was going to be doing my own makeup. I ended up spending aroung $150.

BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!! You really get what you pay for. The quality of the makeup (goes on better, lasts longer looks natural) and the quality of the brushes are top notch.

The sales girls (and guys) are absolutely fabulous and someone dedicated 2.5 hours to me and taught me how to do all this stuff.

I'm a total believer in the place now

I combine several make up brands. I noticed that just one doesn't work for me, so I use: Christian Dior (black mascara, amazing - highly recommended) Bobbi Brown (make-up, very light and doesn't break me out at all) Origins (Bronzer) Lancome (eyeliner), Prescriptives (powder). Since don't use eye shadows all of the time, I'm very picky on what I use. Lipsticks, I like Origins, NARS and MAC.

You may consider going to the department store and have them do you make up and see how you feel and like it.

My friend and I have talked about going to the department stores but I did do that once and this crazy lady made me look like a clown. It was horrible. Now I am little afraid....lol I had to find the nearest bathroom and wash it off! I was preparded to spend a large amount of money (I was 19 and got my first real income tax back!!) and I walked out not spending a dime. I guess I have a hard time telling someone when I do not like something. This is another reason I want to do my own make up and hair. I know I can do my hair. It is my make-up that is still stressing me out! I was planning on going out this weekend to do some make-up shopping but something came up and now I am going to put it off a week.

I just got a load of bare escentuals for about £50 for my aunt off ebay and most of it is coming from the states, it is great helps your skin breathe and the most important part!! when you are off your face and fall asleep without taking it off it wont make you spotty lmao

I also use Bare Minerals. I have used it for about two years and it has really cleared up my skin. I love the way it looks and feels. The best part is that I can sleep in it if I don't get to wash my face before bed and it is perfectly fine on my skin.

You may check to see if you have the store Ulta in your area. Ulta is awesome because they sell everything from Covergirl, Maybeline, etc. to the higher end lines like Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, Too Faced, etc. They also have the other mineral lines like Pur Minerals and their own line as well.

From time to time they have someone from Bare Minerals come in to their store to help customers with their makeup. I went on Friday and the woman was wonderful. She helped me update my colors and gave me some great tips and tricks. I actually asked her the difference between their product and the cheaper brands. She was saying that you use much less Bare Minerals (one jar of foundation should last 6+ months) than the cheaper brands, so in the end the price is the same. There is no way for me to know if this is true. Of course, she also said the quality of the makeup is much better with Bare Minerals.