Photo

wedding website

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

I am just starting to look into a wedding websites. Did any of you girls do free sites, or did you go through a company? Any recommendations? How much do sites cost and how do you pay for them? (monthly, annually, etc..) I am such a moron when it comes to computer technology!!

#2 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

I used www.ewedding.com and have been 100% happy with them. $89 for the year with your own domain name. The only other one I would personally consider is www.weddingwindow.com, which is similar in price and features. I think my guests have been able to really utilize my site and I swear it has saved me tons of time and sanity! I would definitely make one.

#3 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

i made one for free at wedding channel- you are a little limited with the amount of info you can put on there- but it worked out fine for us
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

I was cheap and use the free one at www.weddingannouncer.com . It was pretty nice. Better than some of the other freebies I have come across.

#5 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
          • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

I will look into all of these! I think that I really need a site so that I can defer some of the common questions that come along with planning a destination wedding!! I am trying to plan most of it on my own so far!

#6 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
            • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

Janet,

I love your website! It has so much information, and is really user friendly. How do your guests know each time you update it? Do they just check it frequently, or will the site email them?

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LIZAGEHL
              Janet,

I love your website! It has so much information, and is really user friendly. How do your guests know each time you update it? Do they just check it frequently, or will the site email them?
              i know you asked janet, but for us...we sent out group annountments each time there was major changes or updates to the site...people we really great about checking it especially since they were excited too.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LIZAGEHL
                Janet,

Thanks, Liza. Please feel free to "borrow" any text you want for your own site if that helps you.

To answer your question, there is a feature where people can sign up and give you their email address, and you can easily send group updates. However, I didn't really do this because I felt like most people just visited on their own once they realized it would help them with their planning. They usually visited once when they got the save the date, and then they visited again when they got the invitation.

The invitation directed people to RSVP directly to our website, which is awesome. I didn't have to buy return envelopes or stamps! Everyone just got online and did it, and while they were there could look up info. Of course, people who aren't web savvy just had to call me instead :)

We have had more than 1,000 visitors to the site and only have about 55 guests, so it shows that people come back more than once.

#9 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

Ok, so I've taken jennifer's lead and I'm putting together my (free) website on wedding announcer. It's still in progress but check it out...

Http://DanAndKash.weddingannouncer.com

Any suggestions?
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 Jennifer

Jennifer
                  • 218 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gkashmira
                    Ok, so I've taken jennifer's lead and I'm putting together my (free) website on wedding announcer. It's still in porgress but check it out...

Http://DanAndKash.weddingannouncer.com

Any suggestions?
                    I think it is looking pretty good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users