Photo

What is the "BEST" wedding location???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 KLK

KLK
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

I know a ton of you have been searching and searching for the BEST spot to say "i do"...

Well, I am just beginning my search and would love some ideas of even where to start looking!
    If you have booked the place, would have loved to book the place or wish you would have, PLEASE SHARE!!!

SO exciting...once i find the location, the planning will begin, AGHHH!!!

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

Of course I have to plug my location- Dreams Cabo. It's very popular, but it's popular for a reason! They do an incredible job, the location is fab, the food and service are awesome and the onsite wedding coordinators are on top of their game. Even after learning all the cool places there are to get married, if I had to do it again I'd still pick Dreams.

Good luck with your search!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

Las Caletas, Mexico of course!! (BTW I'm pretty sure we're all biased and will all vote for our own..lol)

There are lots of pretty places but how many can you take a private open-bar boat to and from and feel like you are on a deserted island?

A few selling points:

~ Unparalelled privacy (no onlookers, the only people at your wedding are your guests/staff)

~ No roads = no city noise/traffic

~ Nature!! Look left - no hotels...look right - no hotels...look straight - ocean!

~ Jungle & beach in one

~ Bridal casita - high up in the jungle, it's yours for the day complete w/jacuzzi and next door to the spa

~ Surprisingly affordable and consistently the best wedding coordinators I hear about here

I'm sure Ann will be here soon to echo these points and make some of her own :o)

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

I think everyone picks their wedding location based on their needs, family needs and the "feel" they got of the resort. With that said, we decided on "Sheraton, Cabo" because the over all feel was exactly what I was looking for.

I know when I was in the beginning stages of my planning I read many reviews and in pictures all the resorts looked great, but it wasn't until I actually went their that I was able to find the perfect one for me. My point is, everyone is attracted to different things which is why everyone choices a different places

#5 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

I really dont know but when I get back from my wedding in Fiji I will let you know!!!!

#6 KLK

KLK
            • 205 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

Thanks guys!
              The link helped starchild! I forgot to mention i'm having a very private wedding, preferably on beach or cliff/close to water. One most important factor is not busy or "tourist" location. Also, finances is a must for my family to be able to travel, only 20-30 family/friends, would love a private beautiful modern villa to bunk immediate family the night of?

Keep em comin!

#7 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
              • 1,266 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:45 AM

Sounds like my wedding!
                Start looking for small resorts. I purposely chose a small resort because I didnt want people walking through my wedding. My resort only allows 38 people at once and its the only resort on the entire island. Rent a Villa or something like that. Here are some places in the South Pacific for you to think about . It is quite expensive but during certain seasons you can get great airfare from CA
                Fiji Holiday, Luxury Resort Accommodation Fiji, Romantic Honeymoon Suites Fiji: Myola Plantation
                Turtle Island Fiji - exotic vacations, luxury honeymoons, secluded vacations, resort accommodation, private island, luxury holidays, private island resort, fiji luxury resort, romantic honeymoon destinations, Fiji all inclusive, luxury honeymoon Fiji

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

A villa would be fabulous! Here are some rental sites:

..VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner® Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner

Vacation Rentals Home - Find Rentals Property Catalog

Vacation Rentals From Vamoose - Search 200,000 Free Listings

Vacation Rentals, Vacation rentals by owner, Vacation Home Rentals, Great Rentals

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

I would have LOVED to have gotten married in Fiji! But coming from the east coast I think I would have spent more time flying than anything else. And I know my family wouldn't have been able to afford it, but it looks beautiful!!

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      Las Caletas, Mexico of course!! (BTW I'm pretty sure we're all biased and will all vote for our own..lol)

There are lots of pretty places but how many can you take a private open-bar boat to and from and feel like you are on a deserted island?

A few selling points:

~ Unparalelled privacy (no onlookers, the only people at your wedding are your guests/staff)

~ No roads = no city noise/traffic

~ Nature!! Look left - no hotels...look right - no hotels...look straight - ocean!

~ Jungle & beach in one

~ Bridal casita - high up in the jungle, it's yours for the day complete w/jacuzzi and next door to the spa

~ Surprisingly affordable and consistently the best wedding coordinators I hear about here

I'm sure Ann will be here soon to echo these points and make some of her own :o)

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Ditto! (and I just read your comment predicting I would agree ... shocking! lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users