new hair flower?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

So, as some of you may remember, I ordered a bunch of hibiscus hair flowers and ended up hating them. Very fake looking. I found out that real touch flowers are also called fresh touch flowers and found some orange gerbera daisies on ebay. What do you think of these? Do you think they would look good as hair flowers? They are 5" inches big! I think that is probably too big for a hair flower.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

Carly them seem big. Are they that big or does it just look larger b/c of the photo?

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Carly, is their a way you can take a picture of the flower against your head? That way you'll know if they are going to be too big.

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

The ebay listing doesn't say how big they are. I just hate mine and am having the hardest time finding one that I like! Ughhhhhh.

I emailed the ebay seller to see if they could give me a size and if they are suitable for hair flowers. We'll see what they say.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

They are pretty, but maybe you can contact the seller to ask the size?

#6 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

Ok, so the ebay seller wrote bakc already (quick response!) and they are approx 5". I think that is too large for a hair flower, right?

#7 h&a

h&a
            • 321 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

I think that's getting a bit big... large hair flowers are usually 4"....

#8 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

Unfortunately I agree, a bit too big for a hair flower. Are you more set on orange then on the kind of flower? Want to try to look around so let me know what you are thinking maybe we can all try to come up with something for you!

#9 h&a

h&a
                • 321 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucy106
                  Unfortunately I agree, I bit too big for a hair flower. Are you more set on orange then on the kind of flower? Want to try to look around so let me know what you are thinking maybe we can all try to come up with something for you!
                  Definitely... I'm also looking for a hair flower so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you! Let us know exactly what you're after!

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, I was really going for orange. Darn it huge-ass flowers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users