Sign in to follow this  
Jacqueline

Mistaken Identity- has anyone heard about this?

I hope the link I attached works. If not go to the nbc website and look it up. It is crazy, I saw some of it this AM and was in tears when Matt Louer asked the girls mom how she felt when she got the call that her daughter was actually dead. Real quick summary- 5 kids were in a deadly car crash few years ago and here they mixed up two girls and told one fam their daughter was dead and the other fam their daughter was in a coma- here it was the other way around. The girl was so badly hurt with bandages on her head they didnt realize that it wasnt thier daughter. It's like a Lifetime movie but it's real. So so sad.

Families speak about switched identity ordeal - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com

I remember when this story first came out ... it's crazy. I mean, the one family just got the greatest gift ever, and then the other was devastated. So many emotions!

I remember reading about it in People! It was crazy! And I remember it all over the news. They actually have a blog I read a bunch of when it was happening. I can't remember the web address, but it was so sad, reading how happy the family was trying to help their "daughter" to rehabilitate, and not seeing that it wasn't their daughter because even though it didnt feel right, their mind wouldnt let they see or acknowledge it wasn't her. Didnt the other girl's boyfriend help her tell the parents?

So tragic.

I remember this story when it first happened but I watched the whole segment on the Today show this morning. There is another segment tomorrow morning and then the whole show airs tomorrow night. It is absolutely horrible. I can't even begin to imagine what both of those families went through. It is an unbelievable story for sure.

Yeah, I remember when it happened. If I remember right the girl that actually died's bf was at the other girls side nonstop. Imagine how hard it was for him!!! I felt sooo bad for that family.

I worked at the hospital where Laura/Whitney was at- it was CRAZY when the news broke that it was a mistake. How terrible for both families...