Mistaken Identity- has anyone heard about this?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

I hope the link I attached works. If not go to the nbc website and look it up. It is crazy, I saw some of it this AM and was in tears when Matt Louer asked the girls mom how she felt when she got the call that her daughter was actually dead. Real quick summary- 5 kids were in a deadly car crash few years ago and here they mixed up two girls and told one fam their daughter was dead and the other fam their daughter was in a coma- here it was the other way around. The girl was so badly hurt with bandages on her head they didnt realize that it wasnt thier daughter. It's like a Lifetime movie but it's real. So so sad.

Families speak about switched identity ordeal - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

I remember when this story first came out ... it's crazy. I mean, the one family just got the greatest gift ever, and then the other was devastated. So many emotions!

#3 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Yes I had read about this years ago when it happened. It was so sad. They are coming out with the book now I believe. How awful really for both families.

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

I just saw that on a TV show recently (like within the past year). I forget which one, but it was horrible. I can't imagine.

#5 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

OMG...I can't imagine!
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#6 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

I remember reading about it in People! It was crazy! And I remember it all over the news. They actually have a blog I read a bunch of when it was happening. I can't remember the web address, but it was so sad, reading how happy the family was trying to help their "daughter" to rehabilitate, and not seeing that it wasn't their daughter because even though it didnt feel right, their mind wouldnt let they see or acknowledge it wasn't her. Didnt the other girl's boyfriend help her tell the parents?
            So tragic.

#7 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

I remember this story when it first happened but I watched the whole segment on the Today show this morning. There is another segment tomorrow morning and then the whole show airs tomorrow night. It is absolutely horrible. I can't even begin to imagine what both of those families went through. It is an unbelievable story for sure.

#8 Kat81

• VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I remember when it happened. If I remember right the girl that actually died's bf was at the other girls side nonstop. Imagine how hard it was for him!!! I felt sooo bad for that family.

#9 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yep, i remeber this....so sad I cant even imagine!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

#10 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

I worked at the hospital where Laura/Whitney was at- it was CRAZY when the news broke that it was a mistake. How terrible for both families...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users