Show off your shoes....

• Please log in to reply
3179 replies to this topic

#3051 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

I orginally bought these as my shoes. I finally came to my senses and realized I wouldn't be able to make it all night in 4.5 inch heels and would have towered over my dad as he walked me down the isle. 

I'm so glad I ended up wearing sandals. 

Both are cute, but I love the wedges.

#3052 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
    • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

Ok - So I actually have a few options for foot wear.

For the ceremony - I will be walking to the wedding location, and it's quite a trek, plus I had to get real - my ceremony is on the beach and walking in stilettos is a recipe for disaster for me. That said, I love the way heels give me a better posture and makes me look longer and taller. So I got these for walking to the wedding site and to walk down the aisle in:

When we are taking photos on the beach around the water, etc. I made a pair of barefoot sandals that have blue swarovski crystals in them as my something blue. I don't have a photo of it at the moment, I'll posit in my planning thread later :)

For the reception, my mother bought me a blush colored gown to party in, so I will be rocking these babies

Plus - the second pair will look so beautiful in photos and I can definitely wear them again after the wedding. (yes, this is me justifying the spend on the shoes...)

Beautiful pumps!

#3053 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
      • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

Decided on these shoes for the ceremony and will keep them on until I can no longer stand in them!

I love them!

#3054 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
        • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by laureninfw 

I love all of these shoes...I am getting married on the beach and one of the reasons I had trouble deciding is I love to be in cute shoes and I feel slimmer in heels...but doing destination I decided to do it in the sand and now I am disappointed I won't get cute shoes!

My ceremony is on the beach too, so I planned on going barefoot. However, I forgot about how hot the sand can get, so I will more than likely buy a cheap pair of flip flips and decorate them myself.

#3055 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
          • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

Yay I finished these on the weekend (don't mind my toes, need a pedi bad!!!!)  So excited.  I'm so proud of myself.  This is what I'm wearing for the ceremony on the beach.  Just need to find sandals for the reception and I am starting to see them pop up everywhere :)

Great job!

#3056 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
            • 110 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Where did you get your sandals?  I love them!!  I have been looking for something like that to have as a back up!

#3057 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
            • 110 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

I orginally bought these as my shoes. I finally came to my senses and realized I wouldn't be able to make it all night in 4.5 inch heels and would have towered over my dad as he walked me down the isle. 

I'm so glad I ended up wearing sandals. 

Sorry that was supposed to reply to you, RNtoBe, I'm still learning.  Love your sandals!!!!  Where did you find those?

#3058 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by MrsMoye 

I love them!

Thanks!!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#3059 LoriGran

LoriGran
            • 339 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
            • LocationMexico

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I want my wedding shoes to pop with color and absolutely looooove these Christian Louboutins. Are closed toe pumps appropriate for a beach side wedding??? I'm getting married in a gazebo so I won't be near sand. Posted Image

#3060 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
            • 255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by un4gitabl 

Sorry that was supposed to reply to you, RNtoBe, I'm still learning.  Love your sandals!!!!  Where did you find those?

I got the sandals from Spring- I think its a Canadian company. They have a very similar style at Aldo- the sole of the sandal is a bit thinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users