Jump to content

Photo

Show off your shoes....


  • Please log in to reply
3179 replies to this topic

#2841 KristineM

KristineM
  • Newbie
  • 4 posts

    Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

    I am ordering simple white wedge flip flops and having a friend paint them. Check out Figgie Shoes on line for the idea!

    I am such a stelleto heel girl and the thought of not wearing fun shoes was breaking my heart! (heels just wont work on sand and my reception  is on a catamaran  boat with no shoes allowed so I had to heam my dress for something!)

    I think custom made shoes will give me the shoe WOW I want!

    I will post shoes when they are done!!!



    #2842 GBPbride

    GBPbride
    • Newbie
    • 2 posts

      Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

      I ordered the "Eclaire" dyeable shoe from David's Bridal.. in Malibu Blue! So excited about them! Don't know how to put a picture on, so here the link. http://www.davidsbri...rnament-ECLAIRE

      #2843 brgephar

      brgephar
      • Jr. Member
      • 166 posts

        Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

        HOLY COW missb! Those are incredible !!!



        #2844 Peach

        Peach
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,293 posts

          Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

          Okay, I can finally post my shoes! I actually got them this summer.. actually. FI picked them out! $30! But I was looking for something to dress them up a bit. 

           

           

           Here they are as original. Bright blue wedges.

           

           

          I found these at a fabricland... I think with tax they came to $8. A little ribbon to the back, tied in a knot under the wide strap, and voila!

           

           

           

           



          #2845 elissae

          elissae
          • Member
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

          Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

          HOW FUN!!!  I love them!!!  Wedges are the best!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Peach 

          Okay, I can finally post my shoes! I actually got them this summer.. actually. FI picked them out! $30! But I was looking for something to dress them up a bit. 

           

           

           Here they are as original. Bright blue wedges.

           

           

          I found these at a fabricland... I think with tax they came to $8. A little ribbon to the back, tied in a knot under the wide strap, and voila!

           

           

           

           


          Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


          #2846 blueyz74

          blueyz74
          • Newbie
          • 31 posts

            Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

            Originally Posted by Peach 

            Okay, I can finally post my shoes! I actually got them this summer.. actually. FI picked them out! $30! But I was looking for something to dress them up a bit. 

             

             

             Here they are as original. Bright blue wedges.

             

             

            I found these at a fabricland... I think with tax they came to $8. A little ribbon to the back, tied in a knot under the wide strap, and voila!

             

             

             

             

             

             

            Very cute! How simple but yet that small touch makes a big difference! Looks great!

            Will you be wearing those on the beach and at your reception? I picked out wedge shoes too for the simple fact of being able to walk in the sand and not sinking down but yet wanted the height to keep my dress from dragging...and also being able to keep the same shoes on all day.



            #2847 EVKnowsitall

            EVKnowsitall
            • Member
            • 593 posts

              Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

              Ok so forge the first shoes I was thinking about...There is a pair of shoes I have loved for a few months now. I saw the picture on a wedding color inspiration board but they didn't have the name of the designer. I don't know- but I managed to find out the designer- Kate Spade- but the shoe is from an older collection and $300! DSW made a knock of version for $40 but its sold out! Of course I'd give myself a mission- why not? I found them on Ebay and the Kate Spade that is $300 is currently $90 but with 8 days left. The buy it now price is $249. Slightly cheaper- but still out of my budget. Im attaching a picture of my dress- my concern is it does not mtach my dress. Our colors are teal, aqua, and navy blue- so I can pick a show in any of those colors and I love the whimsy of these they are so up my alley- but I don't know if they fit with my dress- or if I can get em!

               

               

               

              The polka dotted shoes in the middle pic are the ones I want but the ones to the right are the ones I think fit my dress better but they are expensive and I don't love them as much.

              Can I get away with the polka dots?

               

               

               


              Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

              #2848 Speckles121

              Speckles121
              • Member
              • 720 posts

                Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

                i DEFINATELY think you can get away with the polka dots..those are some sexy shoes!!



                #2849 elissae

                elissae
                • Member
                • 631 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
                • LocationClifton Park, NY

                Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

                ABSOLUTELY - they would look so FABULOUS with your dress!!!!!!  You can get most certainly pull the polka dots off!!  They are absolutely perfect!!!!!  They are your something BLUE and they are sexy & even a hit of whimsical FUN!  GO FOR IT!  Please let me know what you decide!

                Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

                Ok so forge the first shoes I was thinking about...There is a pair of shoes I have loved for a few months now. I saw the picture on a wedding color inspiration board but they didn't have the name of the designer. I don't know- but I managed to find out the designer- Kate Spade- but the shoe is from an older collection and $300! DSW made a knock of version for $40 but its sold out! Of course I'd give myself a mission- why not? I found them on Ebay and the Kate Spade that is $300 is currently $90 but with 8 days left. The buy it now price is $249. Slightly cheaper- but still out of my budget. Im attaching a picture of my dress- my concern is it does not mtach my dress. Our colors are teal, aqua, and navy blue- so I can pick a show in any of those colors and I love the whimsy of these they are so up my alley- but I don't know if they fit with my dress- or if I can get em!

                 

                 

                 

                The polka dotted shoes in the middle pic are the ones I want but the ones to the right are the ones I think fit my dress better but they are expensive and I don't love them as much.

                Can I get away with the polka dots?

                 

                 

                 


                Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


                #2850 EVKnowsitall

                EVKnowsitall
                • Member
                • 593 posts

                  Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

                  Originally Posted by elissae 

                  ABSOLUTELY - they would look so FABULOUS with your dress!!!!!!  You can get most certainly pull the polka dots off!!  They are absolutely perfect!!!!!  They are your something BLUE and they are sexy & even a hit of whimsical FUN!  GO FOR IT!  Please let me know what you decide!

                   

                  Thanks! I'm going to try and buy them. I had a "veil" fitting scheduled for tomorrow but sadly- I have to host parent teacher conferences for my school so I had to reschedule- bummer. The salon where I bought my dress has veil trunk shows and you schedule your fitting during the trunk show so you can purchase your accessories while your dress is on. I won't be trying on my dress until December now ; *( but I would like to have these shoes by then. Worse case scenario- they clash and I don't wear them.  Thanks for the feedback. I am not a shoe person AT ALL. I wear the most ugly orthopedic looking clunkers to work. But these have stolen my heart.


                  Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users