• Please log in to reply
3179 replies to this topic

#2571 principessa

principessa
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

So cute!

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

I  know we had discussed these sandals on this thread before and it was mentioned that you cant get them anywhere, but I found a site selling them! A little too pricey for sandals I may only wear at the wedding, but I thought I would post my finding!

normal_starfishsilv2.jpg?1309779416

http://www.notontheh...d-sandal-silver

#2572 holls213

holls213
    • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

I love those sandals!!! I had been looking for them all over too, but you're right, that is just way too much for a pair of sandals.

Originally Posted by principessa 

So cute!

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

I  know we had discussed these sandals on this thread before and it was mentioned that you cant get them anywhere, but I found a site selling them! A little too pricey for sandals I may only wear at the wedding, but I thought I would post my finding!

#2573 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hola Ladies,

We love it when girls add a splash of color to their day!! Hope you like these bright-fun heels:

by Caonha+Travis_W_0046.JPG

by Eileen+Al_W_0027.JPG

by Frank+Acnery_W_053.JPG

by Jamie+Carey_W_0022.JPG

One of our favorites??? Chelsea+Eric_T_0138.JPG

Need more inspiration?? Check out what our past brides have done: http://www.delsolphotography.com/blog

#2574 JodyandTara

JodyandTara
        • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not sure if you've found a solution yet..

I'm doing the exact same thing. My dress is the perfect length for my 4" heels. I trip over my dress in bare feet. The alterations girl took the inside/crinolin(sp?) of my dress and pinned it up a few inches in the front. This caused the front of my dress to pouff out a bit, allowing me to walk easily...but my dress is a mermaid style with flowing tulle at the bottom. After the ceremony I'll just remove the pins.

What brand and style of dress do you have?

#2575 JodyandTara

JodyandTara
          • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm doing the exact same thing. My dress is the perfect length for my 4" heels. I trip over my dress in bare feet. The alterations girl took the inside/crinolin(sp?) of my dress and pinned it up a few inches in the front. This caused the front of my dress to pouff out a bit, allowing me to walk easily...but my dress is a mermaid style with flowing tulle at the bottom. After the ceremony I'll just remove the pins.

Originally Posted by venus909 

I know this question has been asked a few times, but since I just saw that a few of you wore your heels just for getting ready/photos and then sandals the rest of the time, did you have your dress hemmed to your heels or your sandals?

The way my dress is, I won't have the option for a front bustle like some other dress do (which would have been awesome!) so I'm trying to decide what to do.  I have heels that are 4.5" tall and I know that I won't be able to wear them for the whole day and I want to be barefoot for the ceremony, BUT I do want pictures with my dress and heels...lol..

What are all of you doing?

Attached Files

#2576 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
            • 458 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

We are getting married on the beach and my fiance is a foot taller than me so I couldnt see me being barefoot for the ceremony. I found cheap white and cork wedges that I am wearing for the ceremony in the sand, which are the same heel height as my reception shoes. I was worried about getting it hemmed for bare feet vs heels as well. My thought was I would get it hemmed for my ceremony heels, and go barefoot in the sand for the ceremony by getting a crinolin slip to wear that would push the bottom of my dress out away from my feet and take away some of the length. Then before the reception, I could just slip out of the crinolyn slip and the dress would lay flatter and be a bit longer. 

My dress is fit and flare/mermaid.

Originally Posted by JodyandTara 

#2577 elissae

elissae
              • 631 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Here is a similar and cheaper version mentioned previously by other brides.  They are from Old Navy & I ordered a pair for next year....whether they are just resort shoes or after the ceremony shoes....I got them!  $18.94 US - they are really adorable.

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#2578 Stina9562

Stina9562
              • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Not sure if any of you have checked Buckle.com They have a lot of new sandals out! I am in so love with all of them. A few of my favorites

Naughty Monkey Ascot Sandal

Not Rated Pretty Bird Sandal

Agency Sandal

Not Rated Big Rock Sandal

#2579 amruiz83

amruiz83
                • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I am planning to have the  barefoot sandals for the ceremony and wear 3 1/2 inch heels for the rest!  how did everyone hem their dress for 2 different lengths?

#2580 TiffanyRobert

TiffanyRobert
                  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

Help! No clue where to begin for my shoes...

Here is my dress: http://www.sincerity...al.com/sin/3658

My concerns...

because it's not your typical full bottom bridal gown I'm worried that when I walk my feet will stick out because of the flowy material..does that make sense?

I want to wear heels so I do not have to alter the length of the dress but I can't find anything that "matches" the dress..I'm worried it's either too casual, or too dressy.  

Any advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users