Photo

Show off your shoes....

• Please log in to reply
3179 replies to this topic

#2171 lmadore

lmadore
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

I bought my shoes off Davids Bridal, I loved the way they looked until I put them on, I dont know if it was that they were slightly too big in length but there was this huge gap between my foot and the side strap, hard to explain but i was really disapointed, and to add to the disapointment, I had to pay for the shipping to return them, in the end its cost me atleast $40 to basically try on a pair of shoes and say I didnt like them.   Coloriffics Pandora, it would have matched my dress perfectly.  and I couldnt ask for a half size smaller, pay for the shipping of the replacement pair and pay to send the other ones back.  So here is a lesson for myself,  dont order shoes online unless return shipping is paid.  Anyone know of a Canadian friendly website for shoe shopping? P_11540_2_336013.jpg

#2172 coquine

coquine
    • 236 posts
    • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

oh no, they are so pretty. Maybe wear just for the ceremony and pictures?

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

My shoes came in the other day, they are cute but kind of a disappointment. As I got a 6 1/2, which I normally wear, but these would be wayyyy to tight to wear all night and they are also super narrow. I have not taken them to the beach yet to see if they work, because it's been rainy. But I don't think I will keep them 

#2173 venus909

venus909
    • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Coquine, Ideeli is having a sale now till tonight with some Badgley's ...  you might want to check it out.

I bought, well ordered, my shoes last night!!! And for a steal at $99!  I am crossing my fingers that they fit when they arrive.

Here they are:

badgley-mischka-kiwi-sandal-raspberry-1-160.jpg

I'm considering ordering these sandals:

steve-madden-bridal-glaare.jpg

#2174 venus909

venus909
      • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

Question... what is everyone doing about dress length?

I bought my shoes, but didn't really think about it until after I ordered them.

The heels are 41/2 inches... so if when I switch to sandals, my dress will be dragging on the floor...  i'm sure I'm not the first bride to buy heels and switch to flats... so I'm looking to see how this worked out for others...

anyone have any experience with getting heels shortned?

thanks!

#2175 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
        • 221 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

These are cute. I saw there sale but they didn't have any turquoise ones I liked and in my size. :( Great find!

Coquine, Ideeli is having a sale now till tonight with some Badgley's ...  you might want to check it out.

I bought, well ordered, my shoes last night!!! And for a steal at $99!  I am crossing my fingers that they fit when they arrive.

Here they are:

#2176 Alana LM

Alana LM
          • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Reinita 

Absolutely LOVE these! My main color is purple and I also have a little bit of a shoe obsession. Great inspiration. Thanks!!

I LOVE these!!  I wonder if they have them in blue!

#2177 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Are those the groom sandals (flat ones)?  I think I want those to, have you been able to find them recently?

Originally Posted by venus909 

Here they are:

Question... what is everyone doing about dress length?

I bought my shoes, but didn't really think about it until after I ordered them.

The heels are 41/2 inches... so if when I switch to sandals, my dress will be dragging on the floor...  i'm sure I'm not the first bride to buy heels and switch to flats... so I'm looking to see how this worked out for others...

anyone have any experience with getting heels shortned?

thanks!

#2178 Alana LM

Alana LM
              • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

These are perfect too!! I'm sure the pumps are gone but where did you get the barefoot?

Originally Posted by NamasteLotus 

These are my barefoot wedding sandals, I ordered a size 7 but they fit a bit snug and had to buy some clasp extensions from the local craft store:

anklet rhinestone silver.jpg

And these are my wedding shoes for the reception and ceremony/reception when we come home (got these for a GREAT deal on "Charmed" Shoes by Paris Hilton.jpg

"Charmed" Shoes by Paris Hilton.jpg

Love how the blue peeks out from under my dress ;)

#2179 venus909

venus909
                • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

These are actually new are are available for pre-order.  If I were to order them today they wouldn't ship out till the end of November they are called Glaare.  Here is the link: 

Are those the groom sandals (flat ones)?  I think I want those to, have you been able to find them recently?

I am hemming to just longer than my flat sandals.  I only plan to wear my heels for a few pictures and be holding up my dress to show off the heels anyways so I chose to go that way.  I think I gave my seamstress a heart attack as she was so confused by the two lengths and really worried about what to do!

#2180 coquine

coquine
                  • 236 posts
                  • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Aww thanks so much for letting me know. I hope there are still of my size left. I love them both. You should get the flat sandals too. They are nice no matter where! -ok .. I am of a bit of a shoe addict :-)

Originally Posted by venus909 

Here they are:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users